Subharti Institute of Law, Swami Vivekanand University, Meerut and Unmukt Bharat are jointly organising their 3rd National Debate Competition, 2017
Topic: Are Women in India living a Dignified life?
Venue: Moot Court Hall, Subharti Institute of Law, Swami Vivekanand University, Subhartipuram, NH-58 Delhi Haridwar Bypass, Meerut
Time: 9:00 A.M. onwards
- Any Under-Graduate student from any recognised University/ Institute shall be eligible to participate.
- Each team shall consist two speakers. One for the motion and another against the motion.
- Maximum two teams from any university/ Institute can participate.
- Each team must register with the Organizing committee of debate competition by sending the duly attested registration form along with payment of 1000/- as registration fee.
MODE OF PAYMENT:
The payment either for registration fee or accommodation (if required) may be made through Demand Draft in favour of Sardar Patel Subharti Institute of Law payable at Meerut or on the Paytm number– 9639010166.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORTATION:
- Boarding and lodging facility will be provided by the University on payment as under:
Single room- Rs. 1,600 (Twin sharing)
- Participants who will be availing accommodation from University will be given pick and drop facility from local railway station or bus stations by the organizers of the event.
- Participants may manage their own stay, if they wish so.
GUIDELINES FOR THE DEBATE:
- A speaker can speak either in English or Hindi (No mixed language allowed).
- Each speaker would be given five (4+1) minutes to speak.
- There would be a warning bell after the completion of four minutes, if a speaker crosses the limit of five minutes, he/she may lose marks.
- Assistance from written manuscript may lead to adverse marking.
- Unnecessary actions like thumping the rostrum/table and shouting should be avoided and will result in deduction of marks.
- Debate organising committee may alter /change the rules and regulations at any point of time
- Decision of the judges would be final and cannot be challenged
- All the participants are required to wear formals and carry their ID Card.
- Students are expected not to reveal their identity during the presentation.
- No participant shall be entertained without ‘Identification Card’ on day of debate competition.
- Soft copies of registration form along with scanned copy of Demand Draft or soft copy of invoice of paytm receipt to reach the organizers via E- mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ) : 15 April, 2017
- Hard Copies of the registration form along with either the Demand Draft or print out of invoice of paytm receipt to reach the organizers via post (Principal, Sardar Patel Subharti Institute of Law, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University Subharti Puram, NH-58, Delhi Haridwar-Meerut Bypass Road, Meerut – 250005): 20 April, 2017
- Date of Competition : 22 April, 2017
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATES
- Ist Best Speaker : 5,100/-
- IInd Best Speaker : 3,100/-
- IIIrd Best Speaker : 2,100/-
- Five Consolation prizes : 501/- each
- Best team trophy for the winning team.
- Memento and Certificates will be given to all participating team.
For any queries, Contact: 8439801911, 7409239641