Are you a Law Student or Professional looking forward to enhance your Legal Drafting & Research Skills. Take this ‘One Day National Workshop on Basic Legal Drafting & Research’ organised by Legal Desire and Master yourself in Legal Research, Drafting, Memorial Making, Contract Drafting, Legal Articles and More…
This workshop aims to help law students & professionals with LEGAL DRAFTING & RESEARCH skills. The workshop will not only incorporate the top notch heads of document drafting in the legal field but will also take in account each and every minor aspect of the same. This workshop is intended for ones wishing to improve their ability to write sharp, clear prose, to edit their own and others’ writing, and to become more proficient and efficient at composing and organizing written documents.
Date: 28th May, 2017 (Sunday)
Timings: 9 A.M. – 5 P.M.
Venue: Indian Law Institute, Opp. Supreme Court of India, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi
The ultimate goal of the workshop is to get you ready to undertake the writing tasks demanded of lawyers. Specifically, the workshop will help you hone the following skills:
Session 1: Legal Drafting by Adv. Ashok Chaitanya
- Introduction to Legal Drafting & Key Concepts necessary for Drafting
- Drafting of Complaint
- Drafting of Plaint
- Drafting of Written Statement
- Drafting of Writ Petitions
Session 2: Memorial Making by Adv. Ashima Ohri
- Drafting and Marshaling of Facts
- Classification of Case Laws according to the Facts
- Framing up of Issues and Arguments
- Detailing the Contentions
- Drafting of a Memorial on the Given Case
Session 3: Legal Research by Adv. Sruthi Srinivasan
- Study on the Blue Book Method of Citation
- Framing of the Legal Article or Research paper (Framing up of the Executive Summary, Methodology, Research Hypothesis, Recommendation, Implementation Strategy )
- Writing of a Research Paper
About the Trainers:
Advocate Ashok Chaitanya: Born on 07.8.1973. Joined Indian Air Force on 14.12.1990 and retired pre-mature from IAF on 28.02.2006, did LL.B. from Delhi University. Enrolled as an Advocate with Bar Council of Delhi on 03.03.2006. Appearing before all the Courts in Delhi NCR right from Supreme Court to other subordinate courts and Tribunals/ Commissions. Appointed as Senior Central Government Panel Counsel at Armed Forces Tribunal (Principal Bench) on 09 Dec 2015. He is associated with several social organisation and has been working for many social issues. He has been an RTI crusader.
Advocate Ashima Ohri: Legal Writer, Editor & Researcher for Newgen Knowledgeworks Pvt. Ltd. Formerly for 1.5years worked as an Associate with Senior Adv. A.K. Singh at Delhi High Court and Supreme Court of India. She has handled arbitration matters both domestic and international. Additionally, Corporate Litigation, Domain-Name Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property Rights and Corporate Advisory have also been her strong suits. She also provide Pro Bono Legal Advise on AFT matters.
Advocate Sruthi Srinivasan: She is a lawyer qualified in USA and India. Her areas of practice are Ecommerce, Technology, Contracts and Commercial laws.
Sruthi holds a bachelor’s in law from ILS Law College, Pune and a master’s in commerce and technology law(LLM-CT) from the University of New Hampshire School of Law, formerly Franklin Pierce Center of Intellectual Property, USA. She began her career as an inhouse legal counsel with Reliance Industries Limited (Mumbai), before heading to USA on a merit scholarship. During her stay in US, she worked as an Intellectual Property Clinician after being accorded with the limited license to practice by the Unites States Patent and Trademark Office(USPTO). Sruthi is enrolled with the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa.
- Study Material
- Powerpoint Presentations
- Q&A Support
- Sample Legal Docs and Formats
Certificate of Accomplishment: The delegates will be provided Certificate of Accomplishment.
For Students: Rs.1000/-
For Professionals: Rs.1500/-
(Fees includes access to all the session, lunch, registration kit and certificate)
You are Late!
All Seats have been Booked for the Workshop.
There were Limited 120 Spots, Registration is closed now as the spots are filled on first-come first-serve basis.
For you we have 2 options:
1. Register as ‘InAbsentia’ for this workshop and get your certificate and hardcopy of notes delivered to your postal address at Rs.700/- Click Here to Register
or Paytm Rs.700/- to 9639010553 and email your Name, Email, Contact No. and Postal Address to [email protected]
2. ‘Or’ Take our Online 30 Days Workshop on Legal Drafting & Research. Visit: www.legaldesire.com/drafting for info & Registration.
Ankit Gupta: 879166668 Shreya Gupta: 7042861776
Pulkit Advani: 8130791040 Gunjan Bhagchandani: 9839574652
Or Feel free to email: [email protected]
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- Indore Bar Association decides not to represent any Rape accused - April 22, 2018
- RBI makes Aadhaar mandatory for KYC till SC further order - April 22, 2018
- SC directed Centre to seize Underworld Don Dawood Ibhrahim’s property - April 20, 2018