International Conference On Media & Communication in Sustainable Development is being organised by ACMC India Chapter, India & Society for Education and Research Development, India
Hosted by: Indian Institute of Management, Kashipur, India
In Association With: Uppsala University, Sweden
Dates: October 24-25, 2016 || Venue: India Habitate Center, New Delhi, India
Call for Papers:
Researchers and practitioners are welcome to submit complete manuscripts or proposal for poster presentations to the conference. The conference will include, but not be limited to four different domains :
(a) Policy domain,
(b) Societal and community domain,
(c) Technological domain
(d) Business domain.
The purpose is to assess contribution of communication and media in ensuring sustainable development over short and long term with variations of input.
Contribution on application scenarios, use cases, and best practices; research with an empirical focus as well as inter-disciplinary work of conceptualization are especially encouraged. Submission may include, but are not limited to
- Communication Spectrum Analysis
- Traditional Media
- Print Media
- Radio and Community Radio
- Information and Communication Technology
- Mobile Communication
- Social Media
- Media Literacy and Media Education
- Media Campaigns and Social Interventions
- Media Development and Advocacy
- Case Studies and Success Stories
- Communication experiments
- Communication and media strategy evaluation
- Strategic communication for development
Type of Research Papers
We welcome all types of papers such as, for example :
- Literature Reviews: Review of up to date and classical original work from different streams of communication and media in sustainable development
- Experiments and quasi-experiments: Results
- Survey: Findings on problems and scope of communication & media
- Domain Studies: In agriculture, health, sanitation, media policy, media literacy etc.
- Methodological and theoretical developments: Improving the qualities of studies in the field
- Presentations and Evaluations: of existing projects in the field
Length of the manuscripts may fall in any one of the following categories :
- Full Papers (5000 – 7000 words)
- Short Papers / Work in Progress (3000 – 5000 words)
- Poster Abstracts (Max 2 pages)
- Practitioner Presentation Abstract (1 page)
All papers should use the standard APA style. The template for the paper can be downloaded from here. All Submissions should be accompanied with a brief profile of the authors. The template for the authors profile can be downloaded from here.
|Manuscripts Due||May 1, 2016|
|Acceptance/ review note:||June 1, 2016|
|Camera Ready Submissions||July 1, 2016|
|Registration and poster proposal submission deadline:||July 15, 2016|
Best Paper Award
There will be three best paper awards in each of the Research and Practitioner Track of the conference. All presented submissions will be eligible for this competition and the decision will lie with the jury consisting of eminent experts of the area. Each of the best paper awards will carry a citation and a prize. The best paper awards will be announced in the valedictory session of the conference..
Contributions will be selected based on peer review by the Program Committee consisting of reputed academics, well-known practitioners and subject experts. Contributions should contain a clear problem statement; an outline; methodology and consistent rigor. Accepted papers will be made available to all conference attendees in the form of conference proceedings. Thematic Edited book volumes as well as the special issues of reputed journals will come-out from the selected papers of the conference. Authors will be advised to submit their expanded manuscripts taking care of the comments and suggestions during the conference.
To submit a manuscript, please go to the Submission page at the conference website at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mcsd2016 . All submissions should be made via the easychair link: Submit Here.