About 5th National Essay Writing Competition, 2017:
Legal Desire in its endeavor to bring talent of youth on contemporary issues continuously organizes series of events. This essay competition is also an effort in this direction, we are pleased to announce the themes of 5th National Essay Writing Competition, 2017 dedicated to Independence Day.
About us: Legal Desire (www.legaldesire.com) is ranked among world’s leading legal blogs with outreach of Millions Readers every month, 6 Lac+ Subscribers, 85K Facebook Followers. Legal Desire is the one stop destination for all legal curiosities including latest legal news, judgments, research papers, publications, career, interviews, ranking and review etc. We are in 5th year of our continuous publication and currently has team of 300+ across globe.
About Dr. B.R. Ambedkar International Research Forum:
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar International Research Forum encourages and supports innovative interdisciplinary research, scholarship and creative activities that contribute to the physical, emotional and economic well-being of the people across globe. It shall be referred to as “Research Forum.” The forum is actively working in 50+ Countries with over 60+ Committees on research fields having 1000+ intellectuals. The forum is set to launch by end of 2017 in India.
About Unmukt Bharat:
A Non-Political organisation for an Ideal Nation. UB is a conjugation of nationalists. Individuals who realise their duty towards the nation and are inclined to work for betterment of the Nation. Uniting those who are vigilant towards their responsibilities towards the society and beloved Mother India.
THEMES OF ESSAY WRITING:
Theme 1: Independence: Hopes & Fears for the Youth
– Patriotism through the eyes of youth is…
– A Democracy’s Strength: It’s youth
– Youth and Unsung Heroes
– Youth’s faith in freedom
– What does the Indian youth fear today?
– What Independence means to me?
Theme 2: Is Patriotism is vital for the Freedom of any Country? What is real meaning patriotism which could benefit our country?
Theme 3: Is 21st century serving the Independence well?
– Independence and the Youth of India.
– Transition to adulthood and Independence.
– The capability of the independent youth and their boundations.
– Tyrst with destiny: Is it true for young Independent India.
– Does young India takes its independence for granted?
– What Independence means to the youth of today?
– Skilling of youth and Independence of India.
WHO ALL CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Citizens of India
- Any Undegraduate/Post Graduate Student from a Recognised Institution.
Rs. 150 for single author and Rs. 250 for co Author.
Note:- Rs.50/- from each registration will be donated to Indian Forces Account for helping the deceased families in service of the nation.
RULES AND REGULATION:
– The essay must be written in English.
– Font type and size for essay: Times New Roman | 12
– Size for footnotes: 10. Footnotes must follow any Uniform System of Citation
– Line spacing for essay: 1.5
– Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
– A participant can submit an entry for one theme only.
– The essay must be submitted in Microsoft Word document format (.doc/.docx).
– The essay must contain an Abstract, not exceeding 250 words. The abstract must indicate the
– Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been
published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
– The word limit is 5000 words including footnotes but excluding abstract. Essays exceeding
the maximum word limit will be penalised
- Understanding of Legal Issues
- Individuality of perspectives
- Quality of Analysis
- Quality of Research
- Suggestions & Recommendations
Essay should contain a cover page with the following details
– Full name of the participant
– Theme chosen
– Participant’s current year of study and name of the degree pursued
– Name and full address of the participant’s university
– Name and full postal address of the participant
– Phone number of the participant
– E-mail ID of the participant
By entering the competition, the participants agree to indemnify the organisers from and against all claims, suits and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorised use.
Competition Announced & Registration Starts: 12th August, 2017
Last Date of Registration/Submission: 10th September, 2017
Announcement of Results on legaldesire.com : 20th September, 2017
Prizes and E-Certificates sent to participants: 22nd September, 2017
Trophy, Cash Prize of Rs. 3000 alongwith Rs.2500/- Legal Desire Online Course Voucher
Runnerup Trophy, Cash Prize of Rs. 1500 alongwith Rs.2500/- Legal Desire Online Course Voucher
Third Position Trophy alongwith Rs.2500/- Legal Desire Course Voucher
Step 1. Pay Registration Fees
- For Online Payment: Click HERE to Register
- For Payment by Paytm, Send Payment of Rs.150 per author to Paytm No. 9839574652
Step 2. Fill Registration Form, Click Here
Event Convenor: Gunjan Bhagchandani, Executive Manager- Legal Desire Media and Publications
Event Coordinators, Contact Persons:
Bhavya : 9643098494