Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab is going to conduct a Special Course on "Global Initiative of Academic Networks" (GIAN).
Course Duration: 8th - 12th August, 2016
About The Course:
The primary objective of this course is to make an analysis of the recent developments related to constitutionalism. This experience in comparative constitutionalism is to provide with the knowledge to respond appropriately to questions regarding the extent to which one country can assist in, or make judgments about, another country's constitutional journey. How well do constitutional ideas travel, especially across the boundaries of different cultures or legal systems?
Government of India approved a new program titled Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) in Higher Education aimed at tapping the talent pool of scientists and entrepreneurs, Internationally to encourage their engagement with the institutes of Higher Education in India so as to augment the country's existing academic resources, accelerate the pace of quality reform, and elevate India's scientific and technological capacity to global excellence.
In order to garner the best International experience into our systems of education, enable interaction of students and faculty with the best academic and industry experts from all over the world and also share their experiences and expertise to motivate people to work on Indian problems, there is a need for a Scheme of International Summer and Winter Term. During the 'Retreat' of IITs with Minister of Human Resource Development Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani on 29th June, 2014 at Goa, it was decided that "A system of Guest Lectures by Internationally and Nationally renowned experts would be evolved along with a comprehensive Faculty Development Programme not only for new IITs, IIMs, IISERs but also other institutions in the country.
Objectives of the Course:
- To explore and expound the understanding of the emerging issues of Constitutional Law
- To bring out the philosophical and historical rooting of the funding features of Constitutional Law
- To examine the comparative features for common understandings; etc.
- Faculty of Law and Social Sciences, invited scholarsb
- Ph.D. Scholars & Researchersb
- LL.M. Students of Constitutional Law Groupb
- UG, PG Students and faculty of RGNUL, Punjab
The candidates desirous of attending the course may send the filled application form at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th July, 2016. The selected candidate will be confirmed on 27th July, 2016.
The candidates need to pay Rs. 3000/- as course fee which includes (registration fee, accommodation charges and food). The course fee can be paid through Demand Draft in favour of "Registrar, RGNUL Punjab" payable at Patiala. The payment can also be made through online payment mode.
Send the filled application form on or before:
25th July, 2016
Selected candidate will be confirmed on:
27th July, 2016
Dr. Tanya Mander
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
Sidhuwal, Bhadson Road,
Patiala - 147001
Phone: 0175 - 2391600/01/02/03/04
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- Uber hires O’Melveny & Myers Law firm on India Rape Case - June 25, 2017
- 5 United Nations treaties on Outer Space Law - June 23, 2017
- Fix Schools firstly before purchasing luxury items, High Court slams Uttarakhand govt - June 23, 2017