Actually we will not spam you and keep your personal data secure
In one of the worst casualties suffered by the Indian Army in recent times, a fidayeen attack left at least 17 soldiers dead at the rear base of an infantry regiment in Uri. The early morning attack was carried out by four terrorists, all of who have been neutralised.
The 12th brigade headquarters at Uri is located close to the Line of Control (LoC). The rear office is where army battalion’s logistic equipment is kept. Para Commandos of the Army from Baramulla were dropped at the site and the injured air lifted soon after daybreak.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh had called an emergency meeting to study the situation and cancelled a scheduled foreign trip for the same. Army Chief Dalbir Singh Suhag arrived in Srinagar to meet the injured soldiers.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also took to Twitter and condemned the attack. He said that those responsible for it will not go unpunished.
Senior intelligence officials in Srinagar told The Indian Express that besides infiltration inputs for the Uri sector sent by them on September 12 and 13, a specific detailed intelligence alert had been generated by them on September 15 about a possible Fidayeen attack in the area.
The September 15 Intelligence Bureau alert was sent to all in the “crisis loop”, sources said, including the Army command units in the State. Significantly, the officials said the alert mentioned two specifics — that a possible fidayeen attack could be mounted and that it could be executed by a Pakistani border action team (BAT) positioned close to the LoC and waiting to infiltrate into Uri.
Source: Inputs form ENS & PTI