University of Queensland’s Scholarship for Post-Graduation in Leadership
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and support international students from low to middle income countries with demonstrated frontline experience of working on development projects. Applicants must have a stated desire and purpose to bring frontline learning to higher levels of aid organisations and development policy arenas.
Applicants must have been educationally disadvantaged as a result of their financial circumstances and wish to undertake the Master of Leadership in Global Development postgraduate coursework program.
Award value: $36,688
Applications open: 1 July 2017
Applications close: 1 September 2017
An applicant is eligible for the scholarship, if the applicant:
- Submits an application to the Head, by the closing date for applications; and
- Is an international student within the meaning of the Fee Rules; and
- Has an existing application with UQ for the MLGD and meets all entry requirements for the program – conditional on earning the MicroMasters® credential.
This scholarship was established in 2017 and is maintained by an annual co-contribution from the Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR) and the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS).
The Institute for Social Science Research may award one scholarship in a year on the recommendation of the Head.
The value of the scholarship is $36,688 (indexed annually) to cover EITHER
- Full tuition fees for the MLGD program for the year for which it is held OR
- A Living Allowance, Visa application fees, a Travel & Establishment grant, Standard Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover and the UQ Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF)
The scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit as demonstrated by:
- Demonstrated frontline experience working on development projects
- Educational disadvantage experienced as a result of financial circumstances;
- Demonstrated interest in a continued career in the development sector;
- Personal qualities, including leadership potential, community service and engagement; and
- Any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s future success in the development profession
How to apply:
Successful applicants will be notified in October, conditional upon receipt of unconditional offer of admission to the MLGD program.
Applicants must complete an application form and submit this to [email protected] by the closing date.