Society of Mooters at University Law College, Bangalore is going to organize the 20th All India Moot Court Competition, 2016
Date: 26th – 28th February, 2016
Venue: University Law College, Bangalore
Undergraduate students pursuing three or five year LL.B. degree course in the academic year 2015-2016 from any Law School / College / University recognised by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate.
- One team, comprising of minimum of two and not more than three members, per institution, shall be eligible to participate in the Competition, subject to completion of Registration formalities.
- Each team shall be composed either of two speakers only or of two speakers and one researcher.
- Each team should prepare one Memorial for each side, that is, the Petitioner and the Respondent(s).
- Any additional member of any Participating Team shall not be entitled for hospitality or for any award. Such member or observer shall not be allowed to watch any of the rounds of the competition.
- Teams must confirm their participation by sending a scanned copy of the Registration Form completely filled and duly signed by the Head of the Participating Institution to email@example.com latest by 11:59 pm of 2nd January, 2016. Every Participating Team will be allotted a team code which will be communicated in due time via email. The subject of the mail shall be ‘Registration – “Name of the Participating Institution”‘. No forms received after the deadline shall be considered for registration.
- The number of Participating Teams shall be restricted to 28. If the number of registered teams exceeds 28, the Participating Teams shall be shortlisted on the basis of the memorials submitted by them.
- In case of any changes in the team composition, in terms of the members, the same must be officially conveyed to the Organizers at the time of the formal registration. Formal Registration of the Participating Team(s) shall take place on 26th February, 2016 at the venue of inauguration. However, the change in the team composition shall be restricted within the members of the team, that is, speaker registering as the researcher and researcher registering as a speaker.
Accommodation and food shall be provided by the Organizers from 11 am of 26th February, 2016 till 11 am of 29th February, 2016. Teams wishing to stay back after 29th February, 2016 shall have to make arrangements for accommodation, food and transport on their own. However, the Organizers shall assist the Participating Team to arrange accommodation for any additional days upon request by the Participating Teams. Accommodation shall be provided only for out station teams and not for local teams.
|Last day for provisional online registration:||2nd January, 2016|
|Last day for seeking clarifications on Moot Proposition:||6th January, 2016|
|Release of clarifications on Moot Proposition:||9th January, 2016|
|Last date for online submissions of soft copies of memorials:||26th January, 2016|
|Last day for Submission of 2 hard copies of the Memorials and the filled up registration form (hard copy):||30th January, 2016|
|Announcement of selected Memorials-List of Colleges:||1st week of February|
|Inauguration of XX AIMCC, Draw of lots:||26th February, 2016|
|Preliminary rounds of the Moot Court Competition:||27th February, 2016|
|Quarter finals, Semi-finals, Final round and valedictory function of the competition:||28th February, 2016|
Mr. Suyog Herele
Society of Mooters
University Law College, Bangalore University,
Jnanabharthi Campus, Bangalore – 560056
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- Finance Bill passed in Rajya Sabha with five amendments - March 29, 2017
- Supreme Court ordered installation of CCTV cameras in Courts - March 29, 2017
- Role of Judiciary in Environmental Protection - March 28, 2017