Symbiosis, Pune: Two day symposia on National Security Laws
Symbiosis Law School,Pune is happy to announce a Two day symposia on National Security Laws: Leveraging Rule of Law for a More Secure India on the 19th and 20th of October 2016.
The recent developments of global terrorism, climate change, failing states, Arab Spring, dissolution of borders in the modern information age, and proliferation of nuclear weapons have significantly altered the traditional concept of state sovereignty model based on Westphalian and notion of national security. Now security threats involve not only conventional foes but ranges from state secrets information protection to international negotiation strategies. Even law is used as a method of warfare to realize a military objective.
In light of the above, this unique symposia will address, deliberate and discuss on the various legal issues concerning National Security thereby fostering the knowledge of scholars, professors and legal professionals in this branch of law. The program will be focused on the following areas:
- Introduction to National Security Law
- Use of Force under international law
- Concept of war and war crimes
- Threat of Radical Islamic Terrorism
- Maritime Security Law and Major Challenges to Freedom of Navigation
- South China Sea Arbitration
- Prevention Detention Laws in India
- Right to Privacy in Digital Era
Following eminent speakers and scholars have kindly consented to be the resource persons for the symposia:
1)Professor Dr. Shashikala Gurpur, Director of the Symbiosis Law School, Pune
2)Professor Dr. James Kraska, Acting Director, Stockton Center for the Study of International Law, U.S. Naval War College
3) Dr. Gary Lilienthal,Associate Professor, Symbiosis Law School,Pune
4)Dr. P. Puneeth, Associate Professor, JNU
5) Dr. T.R. Subramanya, Professor of Law West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata, Formerly Vice Chancellor, Karnataka State Law University, Karnataka
6) Lt. Gen. V M Patil, (PVSM, AVSM) (Retd.), VP, Forum for Integrated National Security.
The Registration charges are as follows:
Faculty member / student from Symbiosis International University (SIU): Rs.1000/ –
Any other person / Faculty member / Student: (Non SIU): 2000/-
The Registration Fee will cover: (i) Certificate (ii) Tea/ Coffee, Snack sand Lunch for two days.
Please find attached brochure for details of topics. For Registration and further details please contact Mr. Sanjeet Ruhal, Assistant Professor at 020-66861160 or email [email protected]