Moot Court Association, Sardar Patel Subharti Institute of Law, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut & Unmukt Bharat are jointly organising its Ist National Debate Competition-2016 as under:
Topic: Uniform Civil Code Is Essentially Required In India
Date: 11th April, 2016
Time: 9:00 am
Venue: Sardar Patel Hall, Faculty of Law, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut.
- Any Under-Graduate Law student (3years LL.B., 5years LL.B.) from any recognised University/ Institute shall be eligible to participate.
- Each team shall consist two speakers. One for the motion and another against the motion.
- Maximum two teams from any university/ Institute can participate.
- Each team must register with the Organizing committee of debate competition by sending the duly attested registration form along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 1,000/- in favour of Sardar Patel Subharti Institute of Law payable at Meerut.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORTATION :
- Boarding and lodging facility will be provided by the University on payment as under: Single room- Rs. 1,500 (Twin sharing), Rs. 1,200 (One Pack/night)
- Participants who will be availing accommodation from University will be given pick and drop facility by the organizers of the event.
- Participants may manage their own stay, if they wish so.
GUIDELINES FOR THE DEBATE:
- A speaker can speak either in English or Hindi (No mixed language allowed).
- Each speaker would be given five (4+1) minutes to speak.
- There would be a warning bell after the completion of four minutes, if a speaker crosses the limit of five minutes, he/she may lose marks.
- Assistance from written manuscript may lead to adverse marking.
- Unnecessary actions like thumping the rostrum/table and shouting should be avoided and will result in deduction of marks.
- Debate organising committee may alter /change the rules and regulations at any point of time
- Decision of the judges would be final and cannot be challenged
- All the participants are required to wear formals and carry their ID Card.
- Students are expected not to reveal their identity during the presentation.
- No participant shall be entertained without ‘Identification Card’ on day of debate competition.
- Soft copies of registration form along with scanned copy of Demand Draft to reach the organizers via E- mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ) : 1 March, 2016
- Hard Copies of the registration form along with the Demand Draft to reach the organizers via post (Principal, Sardar Patel Subharti Institute of Law, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University Subharti Puram, NH-58, Delhi Haridwar-Meerut Bypass Road, Meerut – 250005): 10 March, 2016
- Date of Competition : 11 April, 2016
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATES
|·||Ist Best Speaker||Rs.||5,100/-|
|·||IInd Best Speaker||Rs.||3,100/-|
|·||IIIrd Best Speaker||Rs.||2,100/-|
|·||Five Consolation prizes :||Rs. 501/- each|
- Best team trophy for the winning team.
- Memento and Certificates will be given to all participating team.
QUERIES AND CLARIFICATIONS
- In case of any questions regarding the competition feel free to contact the following:
|Event Conveners||Student Co-ordinators|
|1.||Apeksha Chaudhary (Asst. Prof.)||1.||Anuj Kumar 9639010553|
|8958339304||2.||Ana Sisodia 9458555567|
|2.||Afreen Almas (Asst. Prof.)||3.||Jyotinmoy Mukherjee 9457229354|
|8439801911||4.||Shiva Gupta 9456323725|
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- International Thematic Conference – 23rd to 25th of June – Prizes over 50K to be won - May 21, 2017
- Law College Dehradun,2nd National Moot Court Competition on Constitutional Law [6-8 OCT, Prizes Worth 1 Lac]: Register by AUG 7 - May 21, 2017
- Know the India’s Highest Paying Jobs in Law - May 20, 2017