Are you passionate about Law? Do you love to write and report stories, Then stop here for an opportunity that you won’t like to miss.
Legal Desire is pleased to launch ‘Legal Desire Reporter’ the Bi-Monthly one of its kind Newspaper dedicated to Law. We invite application for the student reporter for the same.
- interviewing people in a range of different circumstances;
- seeking out and investigating stories via your contacts, press releases and other media;
- attending press conferences and asking questions;
- attending a range of events, such as council meetings, magistrates’ court proceedings, football matches, talent contests, etc;
- answering the phones on the news desk and reacting to breaking news stories;
- working closely with the news team, photographers and editors;
- recording interviews and meetings using shorthand or technical equipment;
- producing concise and accurate copy according to the newspaper’s house style and to strict deadlines – daily newspapers may have several each day;
- writing short ‘fillers’ to entertain and researching and writing longer feature articles, sometimes for subsidiary publications and supplements;
- creating and uploading news content for the newspaper website;
- ‘live’ online reporting or real-time blogging when covering important events – a growing area of work, especially on national newspapers.
Remember the following:
Make sure you check out the kind of pieces we look for by having a read of our current articles. Most pieces tend to have a conversational tone and the best pieces are supported by recent research.
Relevance is key – think about why someone would want to read your piece now. For instance, don’t write about making the most of the summer term, if it isn’t the summer term.
It is also best to make sure your topic isn’t too broad; so instead of writing a piece about the first term of university, write a piece about putting on a great student club night in the first term.
If you quote someone, make sure the quotes are accurate and don’t make any libellous, unsubstantiated claims against people
- Certification from Legal Desire
- Rewards for Performance.
- Free Trips to National Legal Events like Seminars, Conferences and Moots as a Part of Legal Desire Team to report the event with our Media Team.
- Earn from Paid Tasks
- Free Legal Desire Shopping Credits to shop online law books and other services.
- Free Discount Vouchers for Online Certification Courses conducted by Legal Desire.
- Legal Desire Goodies & Gift Hampers.
Eligibility: Student of Recognised Institution across the Globe.
Tenure: 3 Months
How to Apply?
Interested Persons to send their detailed CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Application for the Post of Student Reporter” by 30th Jan, 2016
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- SC allows 24-week pregnant woman to abort foetus - January 18, 2017
- Call for Student Editor Interns @Legal Discussion with upto 5K Stipend - January 18, 2017
- Supreme Court: “Stray dogs have a right to live, Can’t be killed” - January 18, 2017