One Day Training Programme on Human Rights by Faculty of Law, Jagannath University & NHRC (17th Feb’18)
ONE DAY TRAINING PROGRAMME ON HUMAN RIGHTS
17th FEBRUARY 2018
Organized by Faculty of Law, Jagannath University, Jaipur
In association with NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION, NEW DELHI
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER
Jagannath University, Jaipur has been established by Act No. 19 of 2008 of the Rajasthan State Legislature and recognized by University Grants Commission under the UGC Act, 1956. The University has been accredited with Grade ‘B’ (Good) by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The University is running various Under-graduates, Post-Graduate and Doctorate programmes in Engineering & Technology, Management & Commerce, Law, Architecture, Agriculture, Life & Allied Sciences etc. All the professional and distance education courses are run with the approval of regulatory bodies i.e.
Bar Council of India, Council of Architecture, Distance Education Council, etc.
The Faculty of Law Jagannath University was established in the year 2009 to promote excellence in legal education. The Faculty of Law functions with an objective to sensitize the younger generation on legal problems and to undertake research along its legal dimensions. It aims to enable students to take an informed decision in the public and personal realms to promote peace and sustainability for maintaining harmony of life. It is gearing up to provide proper institutional leadership to the emerging demands of access, equity, relevance and quality in the legal education system in India.
National Human Rights Commission has been constituted in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. As per Section 12 (h) of the Act, the Commission is mandated to “spread human rights literacy among various sections of society and promote awareness of the safeguards available for the protection of these rights through publications, the media, seminars and other available means.” The Commission has been performing its functions to spread human rights literacy and sensitize people belonging to various sections
of society on all aspects relating to human rights.
DATE, TIME AND VENUE:
17th February, 2018 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM Auditorium Hall, Jagannath University, IP 2 & 3, Phase IV,
Sitapura Industrial Area, Opp. Chokhi Dhani, Jaipur-302022
All interested participants including students, teachers of various disciplines shall register on website (www.jagannathuniversity.org) on or before 17th February 2018.
SUB THEME OF THE TRAINING PROGRAMME
Session 1 – Introduction to Human Rights
· Constitutional provisions
· Universal declaration on Human Rights, 1948
· International Covenants regarding Human Rights
Session 2 – Human Rights Institutions in India
· Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
· Composition and Functioning of NHRC/SHRCs
· Other National /State Commissions
Session 3 – Rights of Women and Children
· UN Convention on the Elimination of all forms of
Discrimination Against Women, 1979 (CEDAW) and its
· UN Convention on Rights of Child, 1989 and its optional
Session 4 – Rights of other vulnerable groups
· Bonded Labour issues and the Bonded Labour System
(Abolition) Act, 1976
· Child Labour issues and Child Labour (prohibition and
Regulation) Act, 1986
· SC/ST issues and Schedules Caste and Schedules Tribes
(Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989
· Civil Liberties Act, 1988 and the Forest Rights Act, 2006
Prof. (Dr.) V.K. Agarwal
Prof. (Dr.) G.S. Rajpurohit
Dean, Faculty of Law, JNU
Mob.: +91 – 9829160431
Prof. (Dr.) Mahendra Tiwari
Head, Department of Law, JNU
Mob.: +91 – 9414295727
The One Stop Destination for Law providing Latest News, Notifications, Career Updates, Study Materials, Courses on Law & More.
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- IASLA Space Law Moot Court Competition (Asia Pacific Rounds 2018); Register here - January 19, 2018
- GLC MUN: Government Law College Model United Nations Conference 2018 - January 19, 2018
- The Asymmetric Shock: Model World Economic Forum at Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad - January 19, 2018
You might also like