One Day National Seminar to mark 10 years of the RTI Act on “Good Governance – The RTI Way"
The suggested areas for paper writing are:
1. Right to Information Act and its compliance.
2. Right to Information Act as an anti- corruption tool.
3. The Right to Privacy and Right to Information Act.
4. Right to Information Act and Good Governance in India.
5. Role of Right to Information Act in promoting Accountability and Transparency in Public sector undertakings.
6. Right to Information Act and its effectiveness in eradicating corruption.
7. Right to Information Act and effective service delivery.
8. Right to Information Act and Whistle Blowers.
9. Right to Information Act and role of the NGOs.
10. Right to Information Act and Corporate Law in India.
11. Ambit and scope of the Right to Information Act: Comparative perspective.
12. Exemptions under Right to Information Act.
13. Competent authority and RTI
14. RTI and Human Rights.
15. Right to information and Consumer Rights.
16. Environment Protection and Right to Information Act.
17.Right to Information Act and public policy
Call for papers and Publication
Well researched and documented papers are invited for presentation at the National Seminar, We will publish the selected papers/case comments with ISBN no. The authors can make submissions under the following heads:
• Scholarly articles and research Papers (5000-8000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
• Short Articles (3000 -5000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
• Case notes and comments Submissions Submissions are to be made only in electronic form.
The same may be e-mailed to [email protected] (in MS Word format) along with a covering letter addressed to Dr. Sairam Bhat (Coordinator). The covering letter should include the author’s contact information and a short abstract that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper. All submissions will go through an initial round of review. We encourage potential contributors to adhere to a uniform mode of citation throughout the whole work. All queries may be directed to the above-mentioned e-mail address. The abstract may be up to 500 words. The last day for submission of abstracts is 10th September, 2015. The last day for submission of the papers is 5th October, 2015.
Brochure : https://www.nls.ac.in/resources/RTIbrochure2015.pdf
Latest posts by Mahak Rathee (see all)
- Bodies floating on Ganga: NGT slams Centre, UP govt - January 19, 2016
- Nepali youth committed suicide after beinghumiliated by a Supreme Court lawyer - January 19, 2016
- All you need to know about NJAC Judgment - January 17, 2016