NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Mergers and Acquisitions, 2017
The Centre for Business and Commercial Laws of the National Law Institute University, Bhopal in collaboration with Trilegal, is organizing the second edition of NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Mergers and Acquisitions (‘2017 Summit’) on 25th & 26th February, 2017.
The first edition of the summit, held in March 2016, was a resounding success, witnessing submissions and participation by law students from across the country. The topics discussed included mergers and acquisitions (M&A) gone bad and private equity exits, M&A in the e-commerce sector, pharmaceutical sector and technology sector along with the challenges faced in such sectors. Solutions were offered by the participants to these issues which were discussed with great enthusiasm by both, the panelists and the audience present.
The 2017 Summit invites participation from authors and paper presenters. Both are expected to submit either an article or an essay on Mergers and Acquisitions within the contours of the sub-themes, in light of the relevant legal provisions.
- Key developments in disputes pertaining to M&A.
- Valuation mismatch & impact on M&A structuring.
- M&A in Infrastructure Sector.
- Contemporary M&A topics. (Suggestions: Cross border M&A, Development of Non Performing Assets, Asset Reconstruction Companies, Crowd-funding, Rupee Denominated Bonds etc.)
The Summit shall witness sixteen paper presentations comprising of two articles and two essays under each sub-theme which shall be selected after an intense review procedure. Top two presentations in both categories will be conferred with rewards. In addition to this, the top fifteen submissions (inclusive of the submissions that are presented) from both categories shall be published in a limited edition book commemorating the Summit.
All authors attending the Summit will additionally receive a certificate acknowledging their participation as a Delegate at the Summit.
- First Prize – Rs. 11000 along with offer of internship with Trilegal.
- Second Prize – Rs. 8000
- First Prize – Rs. 11000
- Second Prize – Rs. 8000
Authors must be pursuing their LL.B. (Hons) / LL.B. / LL.M. from any recognized university to be eligible to participate in the Summit.
Registration and Submission Deadline
Authors are required to register themselves provisionally by sending an e-mail outlining their intention of contributing to the summit. Provisional Registration is open up to 30 November, 2016. All papers, along with an abstract (not more than 300 words), must be submitted on or before 15 December, 2016 (11.59 pm). Further details can be found in the Submission Guidelines.
E-mails for provisional registration, submission and any other clarifications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors whose papers are selected for presentation in the Summit shall be required to pay an amount of INR 1000 for single author entries and INR 1500 for co-authored entries. The Centre shall provide accommodation for all such participants.
Arjit Oswal (Convener, CBCL): +91-9977525626
Soumya Chouksey (Co-Convener, CBCL): +91-7869002626
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- Delhi HC directs Centre to fill vacancies of National Commission for Protection of Child Right within 90 Days - February 19, 2018
- PNB Fraud Case: Advocate Vijay Aggarwal to be lawyer for accused Nirav Modi - February 19, 2018
- One Day Workshop on “Product Labeling and Mandatory Declarations on E-commerce under Food and Metrology Laws”, New Delhi (29th April, 2018) - February 19, 2018