National Workshop on Research Methods & Data Analysis
Themes for the Workshop: The workshop would focus on a range of subjects relating to ELR. Some illustrative areas are indicated below:
1. Basics of Empirical Legal Research.
2. Empirical Legal Research approach to the selected issues relating to judicial administration and judicial reforms (like research on arrest, bail, review & revision, delay & pendency, etc).
3. Judicial Impact assessment Methodology.
4. Developing research design for Empirical Legal Research.
5. Developing research proposal for Empirical Legal Research.
6. Training in tool construction for data collection in ELR.
7. Training in data analysis techniques.
8. Reporting of research findings.
Participation: Members of faculty and researchers in the law schools who have inclination and some experience in the application of Empirical Legal Research are invited to participate in the Workshop. The intake of participants will be up to 40 participants, which includes a maximum of 30 participants from India and 10 participants from Asian & other region. Each participant is expected to bring a personal computer to the workshop.
Registration request: Due to anticipated over subscription of the Workshop, participation therein will be strictly subject to selection. Prospective participants may send the registration request electronically to [email protected] indicating their qualifications, affiliation, present post and reason for applying the workshop. This should reach to us on or before 10thSeptember2015. The confirmation of participation will be communicated within one week of receipt of registration request. The participants shall submit the registration fee along with the prescribed form of registration only after getting confirmation.
Brochure : http://www.nludelhi.ac.in/download/2015/aug-2015/NLU%20%20Folder%20%2012-3-2014.pdf
Latest posts by Mahak Rathee (see all)
- Bodies floating on Ganga: NGT slams Centre, UP govt - January 19, 2016
- Nepali youth committed suicide after beinghumiliated by a Supreme Court lawyer - January 19, 2016
- All you need to know about NJAC Judgment - January 17, 2016