National Seminar on “The Role of Competition Law in New Economy: Issues, Challenges and Opportunities”
A one-day National Seminar on “THE ROLE OF COMPETITION LAW IN NEW ECONOMY: ISSUES, CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES” is being organized on 23rd April 2016 by Jagan Nath University, NCR, Haryana. The Seminar will focus on Competition Law as an instrument for accelerating growth through innovation and economic efficiencies thus maximizing consumer welfare by offering better products at reasonable prices. Competition is irrefutably beneficial for every market participant. Competitive markets give consumers wider choices and quality product services. It gives sellers stronger incentives to minimize their costs through innovation and other productivity enhancing techniques. This enables firms to pass on cost savings to the customers and offer better products. There are many issues that need to be discussed to achieve the enshrined objectives of the Competition Act, 2002. With this background, the Department of Law and the Department of Management are jointly organizing this one-day Seminar so as to foster innovations and knowledge in the aforementioned field.
- Competition Law and Policy – National and International Perspectives
- Mergers/Acquisitions and Competition Law
- Intellectual Property Rights and Competition Law
- Competition Law and International Trade
- Cross Border Competition Issues
- Competition Policy in Agriculture Sector
- Competition Policy in Service Sector
- Abuse of Dominant Position and Competition Law
CALL FOR PAPERS
Seminar papers are invited from the Academicians, Practitioners, Research Scholars and Students on the topics related to above theme. It is proposed that the selected papers will be published in a special volume in the form of an edited book with ISBN Number.
Authors of selected papers would be given an opportunity to present their papers as per requirement of the theme during sessions on the day of the Seminar.
GUIDELINES FOR SEMINAR PAPER
- Word Limit of the Abstract: 300 – 350 words
- Abstract shall be accompanied by a brief profile of the author indicating his/ her email ID, contact number and official address.
- Word Limit of the Final Paper: 2500-3000 words.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word.
- The Blue Book: A Uniform System of Citation (19th ed.) must be strictly adhered to while submitting the abstracts and full paper.
- Patron: Sh. Manish Gupta
- Convener: Prof. H.L. Verma
- Organizing Secretary: Dr. Raj Kumar, HOD, Department of Law
- Ms. Ritu Sharma, HOD, Department of Management
- Mr. Harminder Singh, Assistant Professor, Department of Management
- Mr. Rajesh Mehra, Assistant Professor, Department of Management
- Ms. Vagavi Prakash, Assistant Professor, Department of Management
- Mr. Deepak, Assistant Professor, Department of Law
- Ms. Nisha Sharma, Assistant Professor, Department of Law
- Last Date for submission of Abstract: 01st April 2016
- Intimation of acceptance of Abstract: 03rd April 2016
- Full Paper submission (Soft Copy): 10th April 2014
- Seminar: 23rd April 2016
For further details, contact: Organizing Secretary, Dr. Raj Kumar Yadav, HOD, Department of Law, Jagan Nath University, Bahadurgarh-Jhajjar road, State Highway-22, Jhajjar-124507, (Haryana) email id: email@example.com Or firstname.lastname@example.org
M-09466602200, For updates, log on to: http://www.jagannathuniversityncr.ac.in
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- IASLA Space Law Moot Court Competition (Asia Pacific Rounds 2018); Register here - January 19, 2018
- GLC MUN: Government Law College Model United Nations Conference 2018 - January 19, 2018
- The Asymmetric Shock: Model World Economic Forum at Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad - January 19, 2018