School of Law, IMS Unison University, Dehradun is going to organize the National Seminar on “Surrogacy: Ethical, Legal, Socio-Economic Issues”.
Date: 20th – 21st January, 2017
In 2005, the ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) had framed guidelines for ARTs (Assisted Reproductive Technologies) Clinics. However, there is no legal mechanism to enforce them or monitor compliance by clinics. The ART Bill was first drafted in 2010 by the previous UPA government. The draft prepared in the year 2012 has banned only those foreigners from hiring Indian surrogates whose own countries of origin didn’t recognize commercial surrogacy as Indian practices. The Law Commission of India submitted the 228th report on Assisted Reproductive Technology procedures discussing the importance and need for surrogacy, and also the steps taken to control surrogacy arrangements. The Supreme Court of Indian in the 2008 Manji case held that commercial surrogacy was permissible in India. This was the genesis of the Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Bill, 2014.
Call for Papers:
We cordially invite the academicians, researchers, representatives of the Civil Society and student research scholars to submit their research papers on the sub-themes to be covered in different technical sessions during the National Conference on “Surrogacy: Ethical, Legal, Socio & Economic Issues” on January 20-21, 2017.
- Ethics, Morality and Surrogacy
- Surrogacy, Law and Human Rights
- International Dimensions and Regulations of Surrogacy
- Globalization and Transnational Surrogacy
- Surrogacy, Socio-Economic and Psychological Concerns
The Abstract should contain personal details of the Author(s) in the order mentioned below:
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author(s)
- Institute / University / College / Organization
- Contact number
- Email and address(es) of the Author
Kindly indicate the name of the corresponding author in case of two or more authors. All Abstracts will be peer reviewed and evaluated on the basis of originality, research rigor, relevance to the conference, and contribution to the theory and practice.
It should not be more than 500 words. The Abstract must be developed on A4-sheet in MS Word Document, Format typed in Times New Roman in 12 font size with 1.5 line spacing. It should not contain more than 5 keywords.
- Title: Must be written in bold, size 14 and centered margin.
- Margin: Manuscripts must be in single spacing, font size 12 pt in Times New Roman and all margins: 1.5 inches (left) and 1 inch (top, right and bottom).
- Tables: Tables must be placed as part of the text. Do not attach tables at the end of the manuscript. Title of the tables / figure should be written on the top of the tables / figure with font Times New Roman, font 12 pt, Bold and centered margin.
- Document: Manuscript must be submitted in Microsoft Word 2007 in the above format only.
- Sub-Title: Written in bold, size 12 pt and left margin.
- Footnoting: Footnoting should be done strictly according to Bluebook 19th Edition, Times New Roman, Size 10 pt, Line-Spacing 1.5
- Word Limit: Articles should be generally of 4000 – 4500 words (excluding references and footnotes).
We encourage potential contributors to adhere to a uniform mode of citation throughout the whole work.
Submissions are to be made only in electronic form. The same may be e-mailed to email@example.com in MS Word format along with a covering letter addressed to Organizing Committee.
Rules for Participation:
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively.
- Participants / Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of Abstract with payment of required fees to be paid only through Demand Draft. No refund, once registered.
- For participants, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in the National Seminar.
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate, conference kit, lunch and tea.
- Maximum co-authors could be three. Each co-author has to register separately.
- The participants are requested to send their Abstracts and papers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The best papers shall be published.
- Academician / Organization Representative: Rs. 1500/-
- Students / Research Scholar / Others: Rs. 1000/-
The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “IMS Unison University” payable at Dehradun.
Limited free accommodation during the conference is available on first come basis. Please indicate your need for such services in Registration Form. Otherwise the participants have to make their own arrangement for Accommodation. No TA/DA will be provided to participants.
No accommodation will be provided to accompanying person who is participating or presenting paper in seminar.
Last date for Abstract:
17th December, 2016
Date for confirmation of acceptance of Abstract:
21st December, 2016
Last Date for Registration:
26th December, 2016
Submission of full Paper:
14th January, 2017
National Seminar 2017
School of Law, IMS Unison University
Makkawala Greens, Mussoorie Diversion Road,
Dehradun – 248009, Uttarakhand
Phone: +91- 9058744790, 9758059141
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- Role of Judiciary in Environmental Protection - March 28, 2017
- BCI Calls for Nationwide Protests against Law Commission Report On Advocates Act - March 27, 2017
- Aadhaar cannot be made mandatory for govt welfare schemes: Supreme Court - March 27, 2017