National Law Day on 25th-26th Nov, 2017 I Law Commission of India at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi
LAW COMMISSION OF INDIA is celebrating the National Law Day on 25th-26th November 2017 at Vigyan Bhawan,New Delhi.
The broad theme for the celebration 2017 is Interface between three wings of state i.e. Executive, Legislature & Judiciary towards developing our nation, based on the theme of inclusiveness, development & justice to all.
It is proposed to have 4 interactive & brainstorming sessions on the issue of contemporary constitutional importance during the two day program. The eminent speakers on the dais shall be the cabinet ministries namely Mr. Arun Jaitley, Hon’ble the Union Finance Minister, Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad Hon’ble the Union Law Minister along with other notable ministries of the Union and state departments. The top most judicial offices of the Union notably Hon’ble Mr. Justice Deepak Misra, Chief Justice of India and the state’s highest judiciary notably Hon’ble Chief Justices of various high courts of India shall preside over the conference discussion sessions. There shall be presence in the conference by the public policy makers, principal think tank and most argumentative lawyers from all across India. Conference sessions are based on the following themes:
- Judicial Review & Parliamentary Democracy – Balancing the separation of powers
- Appointments to Higher Judiciary – Constraints of Collegium system & reforms ahead.
- Structural Reforms for overcoming delays in justice delivery.
- Scope of judicial powers : Judicial Activism
Niti Aayog is facilitating and extending all necessary logistical support to the law commission of India in organizing the event.
Hon’ble President of India SHRI RAM NATH KOVIND and the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India SHRI NARENDRA MODI have kindly confirmed to deliver the inaugural address & the valedictory address respectively.
Mr Akhilesh Kumar Khan,
Coordinator, Organising Committee,
National Law Day Celebration 2017,
Law Commission of India,
Email: [email protected]
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- SC directed Centre to seize Underworld Don Dawood Ibhrahim’s property - April 20, 2018
- Centre to amend POSCO Act to ensure Death Penalty for rape of minors, tells SC - April 20, 2018
- Former Delhi High Court Chief Justice Rajinder Sachar passed away - April 20, 2018