Chanderprabhu Jain College of Higher Studies and School of Law Narela, Delhi is going to organize their 1st National Law Festival.
Date: 5th - 7th April, 2016
Venue: Chanderprabhu Jain College of Higher Studies & School of Law, Narela, Delhi
Theme: Environment and Sustainable Development
- National Seminar
- National Quiz Competition
- National Debate Competition
- National Legal Drafting
- National Client Counseling Competition
- National Legal Essay Writing Competition
- National Moot Court Competition
Theme: Clean India, Green India: Issues & Challenges
- Environmental pollution monitoring
- Environmental policies in India
- Sustainable Development
- Role of common people in making pollution free state
- Reuse & recycling of resources
- Social analysis of CLEAN-India policy
- Analysis of current laws regarding environment
- Waste Management
Call for Papers:
Quality research papers, including field studies, from scholars, researchers, bar & bench, teachers, NGOs / civil societies and students are invited based on the topics mentioned in the Seminar theme. The list in the sub themes is not exhaustive. Any other contemporary themes related to the main theme are admissible. The papers should be original and unpublished. One or more authors may be included in the paper. The paper must be presented either by the author or co-author.
All papers are subject to scrutiny by an expert committee and selected papers alone are permitted for presentation in the Seminar. Please bring hard and soft copies of the full paper on the day of the seminar. Soft copy of power point presentation should be in CD or in Pen Drives. Only those papers which are accepted by the Editorial Committee will be included in the seminar proceedings.
Send the soft copy in MS word format and hard copy (Font: "Times New Roman", Size 12 and 1.5 line spacing with normal print margin) of the abstract and full paper not exceeding 8 pages including statistical data, figures and other annexure.. At the end of the paper, there should be a brief profile of the author with email ID, contact number and address.
The Registration fee is payable by each author and co- authors of the paper individually and separately as detailed below:
- Academicians and Law Professionals:
- Rs. 1500/- (with accommodation)
- Rs. 1000/- (without accommodation)
- Research Scholars & Students:
- Rs. 1000/- (with accommodation)
- Rs. 500/- (without accommodation)
The Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of "Chanderprabhu Jain College of Higher Studies" payable at New Delhi or alternatively payments can be done through NEFT Transfer - details and payment receipt has to be mailed along with the Registration Form. Travelling expenses will not be reimbursed.
Last date for submission of abstract along with the Registration Form:
20th March, 2016.
Confirmation of paper acceptance by Organizing Committee:
22nd March, 2016.
Last date for submission Full Paper:
30th March, 2016.
Date of the Seminar:
5th - 6th April, 2016
National Quiz Competition:
A quiz is a form of game or mind sport in which the players (as individuals or in teams) attempt to answer questions correctly. In some countries, a quiz is also a brief assessment used in education and similar fields to measure growth in knowledge, abilities, and/or skills. Quizzes are usually scored in points and many quizzes are designed to determine a winner from a group of participants - usually the participant with the highest score.
The quiz will comprise of different questions extracted from different subjects and topics such as Economics and Law (LOC, IPC, Legal English, and Indian Constitution), social science and general knowledge (sports, facts, trivia, current events, entertainment, music, and the like).
National Debate Competition:
Theme: Imposing green tax is the only solution to safeguard environment
Debaters have been proven to become leaders and successful professionals. Countless corporate executives, influential lawyers, wealthy entrepreneurs and elected officials credit their debate experience in college with making them successful.
National Legal Drafting:
Legal education and legal profession have been held in high esteem throughout the world since time memorial. Undisputedly legal education has a cardinal role to play in the matter of ensuring legal justice to the citizens. Herein lays the pivotal role of law colleges and law schools. The last few decades have witnessed the due importance being given to legal education in India. An element of professionalism is writ large in the contemporary legal education in India.
National Client Counseling Competition:
The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers (attorneys / solicitors / legal practitioners), are presented with a client matter. The students are given a brief written memorandum that identifies the general nature of the subject-matter of the client's problem (e.g., that a client wants advice about a problem arising from the construction of a house, that the client is facing a shoplifting charge, etc.) before the interviews are held.
National Legal Essay Writing Competition:
To write perfect essays, students need to first master the art of legal writing; which is the ability to write only what is necessary in as few words as possible and omitting anything that is not relevant. Getting in the habit of writing this way will leave you the time and space needed to address other relevant issues and thus gain more points. By write an essay - students learn to express themselves in a more logical way, and also they develop their writing skills, their vocabulary and their own writing style.
National Moot Court Competition:
- Two Member of the team must be valid undergraduate students pursuing Bachelor of Law / 5 year integrated course (B.A. LL.B, BBA.LL.B.)
- Only one team can register from a particular Law College / Law School for participation in the competition. If more than one team attempts to register for the competition, the team which applies first will be registered and all subsequent applications from the same Law College or Law School will not be registered. Registrations received from the same Law College or Law School, the team which submits the Letter by the Head / Dean of the Institution / Convener of Moot court committee, authorizing them to participate on behalf of the college or Law School shall be entitled to participate will be registered.
Each team shall consist only of two speakers and one researcher. The team may consist of only two speakers only, as well. The organizers will assign a team code to each team and its members. If a fourth member is brought by the teams, he or she shall not be permitted to sit with or assist the teams during the rounds and would be provided accommodation at his / her own cost. Certification shall not be awarded to the fourth member.
Registration Fees for Entire Festival:
- Only one team is allowed from one college / Institution.
- Maximum number of 4 participants along with one faculty member will be allowed in one team. Boarding / lodging arrangements will be in place from 4th April (Evening) to 8th April (Morning).
- The registration fee for each team is Rs. 5000/- which is to be deposited in the account of the college through NEFT (National Fund Transfer) mechanism.
- The account No. 0113000107645035 with Punjab National Bank, SME Branch, Anaj Mandi, Narela, Delhi-110040, having IFSC CODE No. PUNB0491400, the fee shall be deposited in the name of "Chanderprabhu Jain College of Higher Studies" latest by 25th March, 2016.
- The last date for the confirmation registration is 25th March, 2016 by send an email containing the details of the participating college, the team members, their contact no. and their email ids. The scanned copies of registration forms and of receipt obtained on depositing registration fees should be send to email@example.com.
- Once the Team Registration fee of Rs. 5000/- has been deposited; the concerned team will be eligible to participate in all the events of Loi Fiesta
- Above mentioned registration fee includes fee for all the events as well as boarding / lodging from 4th April (Evening) to 8th April (Morning).
Chanderprabhu Jain College of Higher Studies & School of Law
Plot No. OCF, Sector A-8,
Narela, Delhi - 110040
Phone: +91-8860112317, +91-9711339951
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com