IPR, Access to Seeds & Farmer’s Rights at Cochin University
The Inter University Center for IPR Studies, Cochin University, is organizing the 5th Annual Workshop on “Rethinking Intellectual Property Rights” on the theme “IPR, Access to Seeds and Farmer’s Rights”.
Rethinking IPR is an annual National Level Workshop for Law students and students of other disciplines interested in IP research (undergraduate, post graduate and research scholars).
It is organized by the IUCIPRS, CUSAT to initiate critical thinking regarding the role of Intellectual Property Rights in a social context.
Date: 18-20 Jan, 2018
Law students and students of other disciplines interested in this area (undergraduate, post graduate and research scholars) willing to prepare a paper on any of the sub-themes could apply.
- Intellectual Property and Sustainable Agriculture
- Impact of Patents on Agriculture
- Sustainable Agriculture and Plant Variety Protection
- Impact of TRIPS Agreement on Seeds
- Patents and Protection of Plant Varieties and Sustainable Agriculture- Indian Perspective
- Geographical Indications and Agriculture
Registration Fee: Rupees 500/-.
Total number of participants is limited to 35.
Co-coordinator: Anjana Girish- 9847063736; firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint-coordinator: Anson CJ: 9400610461; email@example.com
Student-coordinator: Somalatha Moly TS: 9447320165; firstname.lastname@example.org