International Interdisciplinary Seminar on Access to Justice Trends and Issues
Department of Law, University of Kerala is going to organize an International Interdisciplinary Seminar on Access to Justice Trends and Issues.
Date: 7th – 9th January, 2016
Call for Papers:
The organizers of the Seminar calls upon the legal profession, academicians from other social science disciplines, administrators, University students, young and upcoming research scholars, social activists and the representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations to present their research papers relevant to the below-mentioned themes.
- Law and Justice in New Millennium
- Developing of global and national strategic plans and programmes for justice reform and service delivery
- Empowering the poor and marginalized to seek response and remedies for injustice
- Improving of legal protection, legal awareness, legal aid and counsel, adjudication, enforcement, and civil society and parliamentary oversight
- Developing a system for responding to immediate justice needs including the protection of rights of deprived sections and access to legal services
- Addressing the grave challenges in the justice sector such as police brutality, inhumane prison conditions, lengthy pre-trial detention, and impunity for perpetrators of sexual and gender-based violence
- Strengthening the linkages between formal and informal structures
- Access to Justice and Socio economic rights:
- Removal of economic obstacles to ensure access to the courts;
- Strengthening of components of due process of law in administrative proceedings concerning social rights
- Strengthening of components of due process of law in judicial proceedings concerning social rights
- Strengthening of the components of effective judicial protection of individual and collective social rights.
- Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) System and Access to Justice
- Justice dimension of Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation
- Regulation of ADR: Scope and Limitations
- Practical Problems in ADR
- Restorative Justice
- Legal Aid Clinics and Access to Justice
- Client counseling and follow up assistance with special reference to marginalized communities.
- Workshops for various functionaries of the legal system such as lawyers, students, NGOs and government agencies
- Carrying out field surveys
- Organising street plays and poster exhibitions on socio-legal issues
- Adopting village or villages or slum areas for legal services activities.
- Guiding parties to the local Legal Services Institution for litigation-related legal assistance at the Court or at the ADR Centre.
An abstract not exceeding two pages shall be submitted for consideration. The abstract shall contain the:
- Title of paper
- Synopsis of the Paper
- Reference materials
- Conclusion indicating author’s perspective
- Presenter(s) name and title
- Postal addresses
- E-mail addresses and
- Telephone numbers of all contributors
The abstract should be mailed to Dr. K.C. Sunny, Professor and Head Department of Law, University of Kerala ([email protected]) on or before 15th July, 2015.
The abstracts and papers shall be screened by a committee in a blind, peer review process and the papers approved by the committee shall be accepted for presentation in the conference. Notice of selection of abstracts will be made through email by 1st August, 2015.
Early Bird Registration (upto 23rd November, 2015)
- For Indian Delegates (without accommodation): Rs. 2,500/- (Rs 2,000 for students)
- For foreign Delegates (without accommodation): US $150 (US $100 for Students)
- For foreign Delegates (with accommodation) US $500 (Single Room) – US $450 for students
- For Indian Delegates (with accommodation for 3 days): Double occupancy Rs. 8,000/- (Rs 7,000/- for students) and single occupancy Rs 10,000/- (Rs. 9,000/- for students)
- For Indian Delegates without accommodation: Rs. 8,000/-
- For Foreign Delegates without accommodation: US $500
Deadline for Abstract Submission:
The last date for Abstract Submission is 15th July, 2015.
Dr. K.C. Sunny
Director of the Seminar
Professor and Head, Department of Law,
University of Kerala
Email: [email protected]
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- Fooder Scam Case: Lalu sent to 7yr imprisonment in fourth case - March 24, 2018
- Article: International Environmental Laws and Human Rights Issues - March 23, 2018
- Does Domestic Physical violence Police Arrest hurt or help Domestic Abuse People? - March 23, 2018