Legal Desire & Unmukt Bharat in association with Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut are jointly organising its 2nd National Debate Competition-2016 as under:
Topic: Abolition of Caste System in India is essentially required for National Integrity
Date: 26th November, 2016 (Constitution Day)
Time: 9:00 am onwards
Venue: Sardar Patel Hall, Faculty of Law, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut.
- Any Under-Graduate Student from any recognised University/ Institute shall be eligible to participate.
- Each team shall consist two speakers. One for the motion and another against the motion.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The competition is open to undergraduate & post graduate students of all recognized Institutions.
- Each team comprises of Two Students – one FOR and one AGAINST the motion.
- The team members can be of different institutions also.
- The teams are free to use either medium Hindi or English exclusively.
- Each participant will have four+one minutes to present his/her point of view. A warning bell will ring after three minute. Exceeding the time limit will be liable for negative marks.
- The Winners Trophy will be awarded to the Best Team. The Runner’s – up Trophy will be awarded to the second best team.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- The host institution will not compete for the trophy, but the participants will contest for individual prizes.
- The Debate Organizing Committee may alter/change the rules and regulations, at any point of time and the same shall be binding on the participants
- Best Team: Rs.5000/ + Trophy+ Rs.5000/- of Legal Desire Course Voucher & Gift Hamper
- Best Speaker: Rs.2500/+ Trophy+ Rs.5000/- of Legal Desire Course Voucher & Gift Hamper
- Runner Up Team: Rs.2500/+ Trophy+ Rs.5000/- of Legal Desire Course Voucher & Gift Hamper
Registration Fees: Rs.500/- per person
Online Mode:- Click Here to Register Online
Offline Mode:- Send Team Details with Name, Contact No, Email ID alongwith Demand Draft of sum of Rs.1000/- (i.e, Rs.500/person) in favor of ‘Abhinav Bharat Charitable Trust’ payable at Meerut
To Following Address:
Mr. Anuj Kumar, National Secretary (Unmukt Bharat)
First Floor, Ashfaq Ullah Block, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut, U.P.- 250005
Important Dates & Time:
|Last date of Registration||20th November, 2016|
GUIDELINES FOR THE DEBATE:
- A speaker can speak either in English or Hindi (No mixed language allowed).
- Each speaker would be given five (4+1) minutes to speak.
- There would be a warning bell after the completion of four minutes, if a speaker crosses the limit of five minutes, he/she may lose marks.
- Assistance from written manuscript may lead to adverse marking.
- Unnecessary actions like thumping the rostrum/table and shouting should be avoided and will result in deduction of marks.
- Debate organising committee may alter /change the rules and regulations at any point of time
- Decision of the judges would be final and cannot be challenged
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORTATION :
- Boarding and lodging facility will be provided by the University on payment as under: Single Occupancy- Rs. 2000 and Twin sharing at Rs. 1,500 (per day)
- Participants who will be availing accommodation from University will be given pick and drop facility by the organizers of the event.
- Participants may manage their own stay, if they wish so.
- In case of offline registration Soft copies of registration form along with scanned copy of Demand Draft to reach the organizers via E- mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ) : 20th November, 2016
- Hard Copies of the registration form along with the Demand Draft to reach the organizers via post to Mr. Anuj Kumar, National Secretary (Unmukt Bharat), First Floor, Ashfaq Ullah Block, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut, U.P.- 250005 : 22nd November, 2016
- Date of Competition : 26th November, 2016
Contact: 9557571157, 9639010166
Download Information Brochure, Click Here
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- SC allows 24-week pregnant woman to abort foetus - January 18, 2017
- Call for Student Editor Interns @Legal Discussion with upto 5K Stipend - January 18, 2017
- Supreme Court: “Stray dogs have a right to live, Can’t be killed” - January 18, 2017