School of Law, Christ University is going to organize the 1st National ADR Competition 2016.
Date: 11th – 13th February 2016
About the Competition:
The competition provides a platform for the students to showcase and develop skills like interviewing and planning in a simulative attorney-client relationship. The main objective of this competition is to bring out the latent talents of students, provide a learning experience and build their competitive spirit. It seeks to encourage them to explore the various aspects of dispute resolution, understand its intricacies and receive a more practical understanding of the alternate methods of dispute settlement out of court, which will ultimately promote the various mechanisms of ADR.
In order to provide the participants with an overall enriching experience the ADR Board of School of Law, Christ University has collaborated with CAMP (Centre for Advanced Mediation Practice, www.campmediation.in) , FSRI (Foundation for Sustainable Rule of Law Initiatives, www.fsriadr.org) and JAMS, largest provider of ADR services in the world, (www.jamsadr.com). The said organisations, represented by eminent personalities shall inaugurate the National event and conduct a simulation delving into the different aspects of alternate forms dispute resolution, for all the participants.
The National Competition shall comprise of Mediation, Negotiation and a Client Counselling Competition and 1 slot per event will be given to each institution. There shall be an institutional cap of 16 teams per event, the selection of which will be based on first come first serve basis.
Each participating team shall consist of two students from each college who shall act as the lawyers.
- Only bona fide students of law colleges / Universities pursuing a three / five year degree programme are eligible to participate in the competition. Participation is restricted to the first 16 colleges which have registered for the event.
- There will be one team for client counselling and one team for negotiation and a single participant for mediation (as the mediator). However, no college can be represented by more than 5 students in total. The registration for each event per person will be separate. Please note that there will be only one member per team in a mediation round and the others will have two members for the respective events. Every college can participate in 1, 2 or all 3 events, however, there must be separate teams for each event.
- Every event will have a maximum cap of 16 teams which will be based on first cum first serve basis. The final discretion will lie with the ADR Board, School of Law.
Online Registration Form:
The registration fees will be Rs.1000/- per person per event and a separate Rs. 1000/- per participant for those who wish to take accommodation.
The participating team is required to duly fill the Provisional Online Registration Form by 6th January, 2016 till 11:59 PM. Spot registrations will not be entertained.
The list of the top 16 teams selected will be released by 7th January, 2016 by 06:00 PM. These selected teams will receive further details regarding payment, accommodation, team codes etc.
- The college will provide accommodation for not more than 5 students per college from 11th morning to 13th afternoon. Further details will be sent to the selected teams after 12th January, 2016.
- All the meals will be provided by the institute during the dates of the competition to all the participants.
|Last day for Registration:||6th January, 2016|
|Intimation of Selected Teams:||7th January, 2016|
|Soft Copies of Final Registration and Demand Draft:||10th January, 2016|
|Last date for Receiving Registration and Demand Draft:||15th January, 2016|
|Competition Dates:||11th – 13th February, 2016|
Mrs. Tintu Lenin
School of Law, Christ University
Ms. Rajshree Lohia
Convener ADR Committee
Mr. Kushal Rohira
Convener ADR Committee
Mr. Vedanta Chakrabarty
Co-Convener ADR Committee
School of Law Christ University
1st National ADR Competition 2016
Bengaluru – 560029
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- SC allows 24-week pregnant woman to abort foetus - January 18, 2017
- Call for Student Editor Interns @Legal Discussion with upto 5K Stipend - January 18, 2017
- Supreme Court: “Stray dogs have a right to live, Can’t be killed” - January 18, 2017