Faculty of Law, ICFAI University is proud to host the 1st edition of the Casus Belli Asian Parliamentary Debate.
Date: 31st March, 2016 – 3rd April, 2016
Venue: The ICFAI University, Dehradun
About the Competition:
Parliamentary debating is the apex of public speaking competitions. It demands every possible skill from logic, rhetoric, well thought out and connected arguments to teamwork and an in depth knowledge of local and world issues. There are 3 components to a Parliamentary Debate: the Debaters, the Adjudicators and the Organizers.
A participating team will typically consist of 2 or 3 or 4 members depending on the type of tournament (Casus Belli for instance is a 3 member Debate). A round will have 2 teams facing against each other. Each speaker has a specific role to fulfill in the course of the debate and has to marshal every resource in order to out-argue his opponents points. The second component is Adjudication. An adjudicator is one who has decided to enter the no less challenging and lucrative field of being a judge, he is typically a member from the participating team (however independent adjudicators are also entertained in Casus Belli).
- Course: no bar
- Age: no bar
- Must be a student of recognized Education Institute
- N+1 for Institutional Teams (N teams from an Institute must be accompanied by N+1 adjudicators)
- N=1 for Cross-Institute teams
- For slots, preference will be given to Institutes sending A-level adjudicators (A-level criterion is having broken in two external senior debates as adj)
Please note that the rules for number of adjudicators will be strictly followed.
- Rs. 1000/- per head without Accommodation
- Rs. 1500/- per head with Accommodation
|Inauguration, Registration, 2 Preliminary Debate Rounds||31st March, 2016|
|3 Preliminary Rounds, Octa finals||1st April, 2016|
|Quarter finals, Semi finals||2nd April, 2016|
|Grand finals, Valedictory ceremony||3rd April, 2016|
*Any or the entire above schedule are subject to change at the discretion of organizers.
Mr. Shashank Shekhar Jha
Mr. Abhishek Gandhi
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- International Thematic Conference – 23rd to 25th of June – Prizes over 50K to be won - May 21, 2017
- Law College Dehradun,2nd National Moot Court Competition on Constitutional Law [6-8 OCT, Prizes Worth 1 Lac]: Register by AUG 7 - May 21, 2017
- Know the India’s Highest Paying Jobs in Law - May 20, 2017