The Journal of Legal Studies (JLS) is the National L aw University, Delhi's flagship journal. It is an annual student - edited, peer - reviewed law journal, which seeks to provide a forum for engaging in discussions on varied issues of contemporary importance in domestic and international law and policy. The aim of the journal is to encourage scholarship and research in all areas of the law and its relationship with other disciplines in order to analyse crucial developments in the legal field. The Editorial Board is pleased to invite scholarly submissions from students, academicians, practitioners and researchers for the inaugural issue of the journal.
The Journal of Legal Studies invites submissions under the following categories:
- Articles: 5,000 to 10,000 words, inclusive of footnotes
- Essays: 3,000 to 5,000 words, inclusive of footnotes
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: 2,000 to 3,000 words, inclusive of footnotes
- Book Reviews: 2,000 to 3,000 words, inclusive of footnotes
Please note that the Book Reviews must specify the name of the book, author (and editors), edition reviewed and name of publisher. Books reviews must not be descriptive pieces that summarise the work, but should be critical and evaluative of the contents or arguments made in the book.
- Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
- All submissions above 3,000 words must be accompanied by an Abstract of not more than 300 words.
- All submissions must have 1.5 line-spacing in Times New Roman format, with font size 12.
- Citations must be in the form of footnotes. Endnotes are not permitted. Footnotes must be single - spaced in Times New Roman format, with font size 10. Submissions must conform to the Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), 4th Edition.
- The manuscript itself must not contain any reference to the author's name, institution or affiliation. The submission shall be accompanied by a cover letter containing the author's complete name, academic qualifications, affiliation (if any) and contact details, in a separate attachment.
- Submissions are accepted only in electronic form. The submission must be made in a Microsoft Word (.docx) format via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title as 'Submission - JLS'.
- Multiple submissions by the same author are permitted. Each submission will have to independently comply with these guidelines. However, resubmissions and revisions of a previously submitted paper are not permitted. The Editorial Board shall have the discretion to decide whether a submission is new or simply a resubmission of a previously submitted paper.
The last date for the submission of manuscripts is 15th March, 2017.
Mr. Rohan Dhariwal
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- Concept of Strict Liability and Absolute Liability - June 25, 2017
- Difference Between Culpable Homicide and Murder - June 25, 2017
- 4th National Level Moot Court Competition, 2017 - June 25, 2017