NLIU Law Review is an endeavour by the students of National Law Institute University to encourage and inculcate in the students, a spirit of legal research and develop their interest further in unexplored areas of law. This bi-annual peer-reviewed law Journal is exclusively student-run under the able aegis of the University.
Types of Submissions:
- Articles: 5000 – 10000 Words
- Case Notes: 2000 – 5000 Words
- Legislative Comments: 1000 – 3000 Words
- Book Reviews: 1000 – 3000 Words
- Title: Times New Roman, 13 points, 1.5 line spacing Bold, All Caps Centre Aligned
- Author: High Tower Text, 13 points, 1.5 line Spacing Capitalize each word Italics, Centre Aligned
- Abstract: Times New Roman, 11 points, single line spacing, Italics, Justified, Indentation 0.5 inch on either sides, 250 – 300 words
- Heading Lavel 1: Times New Roman, 12 points 1.5 line spacing, Small Caps, Bold, Center Aligned
- Heading Lavel 2: Times New Roman, 12 points. 1 5 line spacing, capitalize each word, italic, Centre Aligned
- Heading Level 3: Times New Roman, 12 points. 1.5 line spacing, capitalize each word, Italics, Left Align
- Main Body: Times New Roman 11 points, 1.15 line spacing, Justified, Paragraphs – first line 0.25 inch Indention. 1 inch margins in all sides
- Foot Notes: Times New Roman, 9 points 1 line spacing, Justified
- Citation must conform to standards laid down in The Blue Book: A Uniform System of Citation (I9th Edition, 2010)
- Submission must use only footnotes as a form of citation Substantive footing is permissible.
- Submission should be accompanied with a covering letter including author’s name, email ID, mobile number and college name.
- Submissions must be in electronic form sent via email
- All submissions must be in .doc format. It must be word processed and compatible with Microsoft Word 2003/2007/2010.
- Papers submitted must not be written by more than 2 authors
- Papers must include an Abstract of 250-300 words inclusive of the word limit.
- Contributors are requested to fill a declaration form along with their submission
Parameters of Evaluation:
- Contemporary Relevance:
The manuscript must touch upon a recent development in the particular field and should take into account the most recent case law, news or any other development which is worth mentioning In the area covered by the manuscript.
- Contribution to Knowledge:
Whether the author adds to the existing body of work and broadens the area of existing knowledge.
- Clarity and Logic in Analysis:
The flow of the content must be in the most logical manner and the thoughts should be conveyed with utmost clarity without any repetitions and circular arguments
The language should be easy to understand but not too simplistic. There should be an appropriate usage of the legal terminology. The grammar and syntax should be correct.
- Methodology of Research:
The references must be appropriate and the sources should correspond with their relevant mention in the manuscript. The bibliography should include all such sources referred to by the author.
Whether any new idea or argument is put forward by the author and the relevance of author’s recommendations and conclusion
All submissions are to be made at email@example.com before 30th June, 2016.
National Law Institute University
Kerwa Dam Road,
Bhopal – 462044, Madhya Pradesh
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- SC allows 24-week pregnant woman to abort foetus - January 18, 2017
- Call for Student Editor Interns @Legal Discussion with upto 5K Stipend - January 18, 2017
- Supreme Court: “Stray dogs have a right to live, Can’t be killed” - January 18, 2017