Just Lex Talks is a student peer reviewed Journal. It has been launched in the year 2015 as a Quarterly Law Review Journal and is run by the students engaged in the field of law and by a Board of experienced and skilled Advocates, Academicians and Partners of different law firms.
The journal is dedicated to express different views in order to generate a cross current of ideas on emerging matters in the wake of the ever changing social, economic and technological scenarios. Basic knowledge of law has been elevated from being a matter of passing interest to a level of general aptitude. Keeping in mind the importance of law in everyday life, the journal has been launched with the initiative to disseminate the knowledge of law and explain how it affects the society at large.
The journal accepts submissions in the following categories:
- Case comments / Legislative comments
The submissions may be on any contemporary legal issue within a prescribed word limit (excluding Abstract).
- Articles (3500 – 5000 words) are lengthy articles that provide sustained theoretical analysis on legal topics.
- Notes (2500 – 3500 words) are a comparatively shorter version of articles which indicate a central theme and are specific in nature.
- Case Comments / Legislative Comments (up to 2500 words) are a critique of the latest legal and judicial developments indicating the present and future debates on the relevant topic.
The above word limit includes footnotes and references. If any submission fails to fall under the specified limit then the selection of such submission will be on the discretion of the Journal Committee.
- The Entry must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, spacing 1.5 and justified alignment
- The Citations must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, font size 10, line spacing 1.0 and justified alignment.
- Kindly follow the Bluebook Citation method (19th Edition) as the uniform method of citation.
- The submissions should be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- The Submission should be send in an electronic version to: email@example.com with the subject as: “Submission – [Name of Author] – Volume I Issue 3.”
- The submission must include an Abstract of 250 – 300 words explaining the main idea, objective of the article and the conclusions drawn from it.
- Cover page of the Submission should include the following details:
- Name of the Author
- Institution / University Name
- Position / Year of Study
- Contact Information
Co-Authorship to a maximum 2 members is allowed. However, co-authorship is not allowed in “Case Notes / Comments”.
The submissions for the Journal must not have been previously published or submitted for publication elsewhere. The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the journal.
- Single Author: INR 700/-
- Co-Authors: INR 1050/-
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 12th May, 2016.
Just Lex Talks
S-1, Anish Appartment, Near Udgam School,
Thaltej Road, S.G. Highway,
Ahmadabad, Gujarat – 380054
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- Career for Law Student: Executive Assistant position at Legal Desire (Work from Home) - April 3, 2017
- Motor Vehicles Act more stringent: 5 times increase in drunk driving fine, jail up to 10 years for causing death - April 2, 2017
- SC : Alcohol ban on highways include bars and restaurants - April 1, 2017