Call for Papers: Journal of Contemporary Legal Affairs [Volume 5 Issue 1]
The Editorial Board of Journal of Contemporary Legal Affairs (JCLA) bearing ISSN 2518-8798 is pleased to invite submissions for its 1st Issue of 5th Volume due to be published in March 2017.
Journal of Contemporary Legal Affairs is in its 5th year of publication. JCLA is student-run open access law journal published bi-annually.
We take pride in the fact that JCLA is the one of its kind of law journal in India devoted exclusively to the contemporary legal issues.
Previous issues have featured articles by distinguished authors which include judges, senior bureaucrats and internationally distinguished academicians.
We welcome submissions dealing with any broad area of contemporary legal issue. We have previously carried submissions and invite submissions in the areas of:
Administration of Justice
Business and Human Rights
Equal participation in political and public affairs
Human Rights, Democracy and the Rule of Law
Development – Good governance
Human rights and the financial crisis
Disability and Human Rights
Human Rights of persons with disabilities
Human Rights and the Environment
Arbitrary and Extrajudicial executions
Right to Food
Freedom of Opinion and Expression
Freedom of peaceful assembly and of association
Freedom of religion or belief
Maternal and Child Health
HIV/AIDS and Human Rights
Independence of Judges and Lawyers
Rights of Indigenous Peoples
Human Rights of Internally Displaced Persons
This list is merely illustrative and we are happy to discuss other areas of interest as well.
We generally encourage submissions with a developing country perspective or a comparative approach that benefits the developing world.
Word Limit & Footnotes
A submission may fall within any of the following categories:
Articles (3,000-5,000 words)
Short Articles (2,500 words); and
Essays (2,000 words)
The above limits are exclusive of footnotes. We are also open to discussing potential submissions that are substantially longer or shorter.
Any footnoting style may be adopted as long as it is internally consistent.
Please get in touch with us for further information and to discuss any such proposals you may have.
However, please note that we do not accept unsolicited book reviews.
There is no publication fee for publication.
1. The last date of paper submissions is 15th February, 2017.
2. A confirmation mail will be sent by 29th February, 2017 to the authors whose work has been shortlisted for publication.
3. The printed copy of the journal will be dispatched to the authors whose article has been published by 15th March, 2017.
4. The Author will receive a printed copy of journal and certificate duly signed by Editor-in-Chief and Executive Editor (2 copies of journal and 2 certificates in case of co-authored paper).
Please send in your submissions in MS Word *.doc or *.docx to email@example.com along with the following information in a separate cover page:
Position / Year of Study
Author contact information
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +917859912123 for more information.
Latest posts by Farheen Arshad (see all)
- 2nd SLCU National Trial Advocacy and Judgement Writing Competition [23 – 26 Feb, Bangalore] - January 24, 2017
- Call for Papers: Journal of Contemporary Legal Affairs [Volume 5 Issue 1] - January 20, 2017
- Supreme Court: Air pollution problem ‘very serious’, urgent steps needed - January 19, 2017