The Indian Journal of Intellectual Property Law (IJIPL) is the flagship Intellectual Property Law journal of NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad. The IJIPL is India’s first student run journal that is wholly devoted to the study of Intellectual Property. Published annually, it is the combined endeavour of NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad and the N.C. Banerjee Centre for Intellectual Property Law to address contemporary issues in the field of Intellectual Property Law.
The Journal is presently soliciting submissions for 8th Volume, to be released in April, 2017. Undergraduate students, post graduate students, practitioners, faculty and academicians are invited to contribute to the journal in the form of essays, articles, notes and comments.
Nature of Contributions:
- Articles: An article must completely analyse the issue that the author seeks to highlight. It must contain a comprehensive study of the status quo or a contemporary issue. It must either indicate the lacunae therein or, attempt to suggest possible changes which can address the said lacunae or alternatively holistically and critically assess the status quo. An article should be between 5,000 – 6,000 words.
- Essays: An essay is more adventurous as it challenges existing paradigms /norms and provides a fresh outlook to common problems. It is strongly recommended that essays be considerably more concise than articles, in terms of scope and conceptualization. An essay must thus ideally be between 3,000 – 5,000 words.
- Notes: A note is a relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the author. The focus of a note should be on a relatively recent debate or controversy regarding the interpretation or implementation of the law. Notes should primarily highlight and address contemporary issues, which the author seeks to provide a solution for. The maximum word limit for a manuscript in the form of note is 2,500 words.
- Comments: A comment allows the author to critique any recent /landmark judicial pronouncement, legislation or a pending bill. The word limit for a comment is 2,500 words.
- Format: The citation format to be used is The Bluebook (19th Edition). In keeping with the same, speaking footnotes are discouraged. The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, size 12 and in 1.5 spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 and in single spacing.
- Abstract: Every submission should be accompanied by an Abstract of not more than 350 words describing the relevant conclusions drawn in the manuscript. Please note that there is no requirement of prior submission of Abstract as the selection of the paper for publication shall be on the full manuscript. The Abstract shall serve merely to help the Editorial Board in its review process.
- Biographical Information of the Authors: A separate document with the biographical information of the authors must also be attached including the following details:
- Name, Email Address
- Postal Address
- Name and Address of Institution, Course (if applicable)
- Academic Year.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 15th October, 2016.
The Editorial Board
Indian Journal on Intellectual Property Law,
NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad