Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.) and LL.M. programme at Institute of Law, Nirma University for the academic year 2016-17.
- B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) – Five year Integrated Programme
- B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.) – Five year Integrated Programme
- LL.M. – One year Programme
B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) / B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.):
- A candidate should have passed Higher Secondary / Intermediate Examinations (10+2) or its equivalent examinations with not less than 50% aggregate marks.
- No upper age limit is prescribed
In view of the Bar Council of India, Legal Education Rules 2008, University Grants Commission Act and Regulations, decision of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, the applicants who have obtained +2 higher secondary pass certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission in the five year integrated programme. However, the applicants who have obtained 10+2 through open universities system directly without having any basic qualifications for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in the integrated five year programme.
LL.M. – One Year Course:
- LL.M. is offered in Constitutional & Administrative Law, Commerce & Corporate Law, Criminal & Security Law, Science, Technology & Law, Legal Pedagogy & Research.
- A candidate should have successfully passed, three years LL.B after graduation or five years Integrated Law Degree Programme as recognized by the Bar Council of India. Candidate should not have less than 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying degree.
- Those who have appeared in aforementioned exam and waiting for the result can also apply. However, admission will be subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) / B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.):
- Admission shall be based on the inter se All India merit rank of CLAT 2016.
- The candidates are compulsorily required to appear in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2016.
- Candidates are also required to fill in the application form of the Institute of Law, Nirma University (ILNU) in addition to the CLAT 2016 form.
- For admission under NRI Category, CLAT 2016 or LSAT will be preferred.
Admission will be based on the inter se All India merit rank of P.G. Common Law Admission Test (PG-CLAT), 2016. The preference will be given to the candidates who have appeared in the PG-CLAT 2016. However subject to the availability of the seats, non PG-CLAT candidates may be given admission on the basis of All India PG ILNU Entrance Test. The date and syllabus of All India PG ILNU Entrance Test will be notified.
Mode of Application:
There is only one mode of application, i.e., ONLINE. The online application is available on the website and the same can be accessed by a candidate by registering self i.e. by creating a LOGIN ACCOUNT. Only those candidates who fulfill the above eligibility criteria can apply as the software will automatically reject the ineligible application. Therefore, please read carefully the guidelines before filling up the application.
Mode of payment (Form Processing fee):
- General Category: Rs. 2,000/-
- NRI/NRI Sponsored Category: Rs. 3,000/-
The payment shall be remitted by Credit Card / Debit Card or Net Banking.
- Admission Prospectus can be downloaded from the website www.nirmauni.ac.in/ILNU
- Candidates who have applied, along with the prescribed fees, to the Institute (through Online) will get the Prospectus of the Institute by post.
- Candidates can access and submit the application Online till 20th May, 2016.
- The Online application will effectively be closed by 12:00 P.M. (Midnight) on 20th May, 2016 and the Institute shall not be responsible for any delay / technical fault for filling up the online form on the last day. Therefore, aspiring candidates are requested to fill-up the online form well in advance to avoid last minute rush.
- No Online / Offline communication shall be entertained after closing the online application (i.e., after 20th May, 2016).
Important Dates (Tentative):
|Commencement of accessibility/submission of Online Application Forms:||10th March, 2016|
|Last date for submission of filled-up Application Forms:||20th May, 2016|
Mr. Anand Shindhe
Mr. Jacob John
The Admission Officer
Institute of Law, Nirma University,
Ahmedabad – 382 481, Gujarat
Phone: 02717-241900-04 / 02717-241911-15 extension: 815/803/804
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- SC allows 24-week pregnant woman to abort foetus - January 18, 2017
- Call for Student Editor Interns @Legal Discussion with upto 5K Stipend - January 18, 2017
- Supreme Court: “Stray dogs have a right to live, Can’t be killed” - January 18, 2017