SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law in association with the Bombay Stock Exchange Institute Ltd. is going to conduct the Certificate Course in Securities Law.
Course Duration: Three months
About the Course:
The financial pulse of the economy is the capital markets. The emergence of these markets have enabled companies to raise a huge amount of funds for their companies from the public and given an opportunity to the people to earn returns on investments. Since huge investments are made by the general public, a stringent law has been enacted which is to be adhered by the companies.
The Regulator of the Capital markets is the Securities and Exchange Board of India which from time to time, frames guidelines and regulations to be complied with by the companies failing which huge amount of penalties are levied. Hence, compliance with securities laws is the most crucial aspect in the case of companies who wish to trade securities in the stock market. Knowledge about their provision of related legislations, their compliances, due diligence, documentation, and contracts pertaining to the securities market is pivotal for every person interested in the securities market or corporate sector.
The course endeavours to provide conceptual clarity about the securities market, hone analytical skills of related laws and develop problem solving skills by focusing on the application of laws in various scenarios. The programme is the blend of theoretical and applied knowledge. It’s a three month weekend 100 hours course conducted jointly by PGCL (Pravin Gandhi College of law) and BSEIL (Bombay Stock Exchange Institute Limited)
- Class XII examination (any stream).
- Minimum 50 % marks
- Law Students interested in pursuing Corporate Laws
- Students interested in Capital Markets
- Company Secretaries & Chartered Accountants
- Working professional in the related field
- Any other person interested in securities market
Key Features of the Course:
- Joint certification by PGCL and Bombay Stock Exchange Institute Limited
- Emphasis on conceptual clarity and practical application
- Experienced faculty from industry
- Off Campus Learning to give practical exposure
- Discussion on contemporary case studies
- Week end programme, classes on Friday & Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings
- Total class room lecture hours – 100 hours spread weekends in three months
- Lectures will be conducted at PGCL campus, 8th Floor, Mithibai College building, Vile Parle West
- Download the application form from www.pgcl.ac.in or collect it from the college office
- Submit the duly completed form to the college office
- List of selected candidates after personal interview will be uploaded on the website
- Selected candidates to pay course fee within stipulated time
The total fees for the certificate course in Securities Law is Rs. 25,000/- plus service tax. The fees is payable by Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Pravin Gandhi College of Law”.
Last date of accepting the application forms:
10th June, 2016
Display of shortlisted candidates list:
13th June, 2016
Payment of fees:
15th to 30th June, 2016
Commencement of Course:
9th July, 2016
Certificate Course in Securities Law,
Pravin Gandhi College of Law,
8th Floor, Mithibai College Campus,
Bhakti Vedanta Marg, Vile Parle West,
Mumbai – 400056
Phone: 022 – 655 43915