8th Annual NLSIR Symposium on Competition Law
The National Law School of India Review (NLSIR), the flagship journal of the National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore is pleased to announce the VIII NLSIR Symposium on Competition Law
Date: 2nd – 3rd May, 2015
Venue: The International Training Centre, National Law School of India University, Bangalore
Since the enactment of the Competition Act in 2002, the competition regime in India has witnessed several interesting developments. Despite the emergence of a vibrant jurisprudence however, the law remains far from lucid. In light of this, the 8th NLSIR Symposium hopes to assess the development of the law and bring some clarity for practitioners and academics alike.
Day One focuses on the core aspects of anti-competitive agreements and abuse of dominance. Day Two focuses on emerging issues and the dialogue between competition law and other regimes.
Confirmed Speakers for the Symposium include Mr. P.K. Singh, Prof. Rahul Singh, Mr. Rajat Sethi, Mr. H.S. “Bobby” Chandhoke, Mr. Murali Neelkantan, Ms Vaishali Sharma, Mr. J Sai Deepak, Dr S.K. Murthy, Mr. Paramjeet Berwal, Mr Karan Singh Chandioke, Dr. K.D. Singh and Mr. Arjun Krishnan.
This year the discussion will be divided into four panels:
- Session I: Section 3 and Determining Anti-Competitive Agreements (Forenoon, 2nd May, 2015)
- Session II: The Abusive Conduct of Dominant Enterprises (Afternoon, 2nd May, 2015)
- Session III: Mergers and Acquisitions: Clearing the CCI Hurdle and the Competition Between Regulators (Forenoon, 3rd May, 2015)
- Session IV: The Interface of Intellectual Property Rights and Competition Law in India (Afternoon, 3rd May, 2015)
The registration will begin at 8:30 on the 2nd May.
- Rs 200/- for students
- Rs 1000/- for others
Ms. Mansi Sood
Chief Editor, NLSIR
Phone: +91- 9632745265
Mr. Divyanshu Agarwal
Deputy Chief Editor, NLSIR
Phone: +91- 8892630692
National Law School of India Review,
National Law School of India,
PO Box 7201, Nagarbhavi,
Bangalore – 560 242, Karnataka
Email: [email protected]
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- Centre to release 56 Pakistani Prisoners due to lack of case, affidavit filed in SC - March 16, 2018
- Workshop on Career Development for Law Students by Knowledge Steez & Agrim Law Class (8th April’18) at Noida - March 16, 2018
- Won’t touch Ram Sethu for Sethusamudram Project; Centre told Supreme Court - March 16, 2018