Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi is going to organize the 5th International Banking and Investment Law Moot Court Competition.
Date: 22nd – 23rd October, 2016
Aim of the Competition:
The aims of the International Banking and Investment Law Moot Court Competition are to promote the interest in, involvement in and knowledge of Banking and Investment Law among students by providing a fair and competitive environment for the exchange of thoughts and the deepening of understanding of Banking and Investment Law.
- The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bona-fide on a regular basis in an Under Graduate / Post Graduate law course (3 year LL.B. course) or its equivalent conducted by any recognised Institution / College / University of any country.
- No Institution / College / University shall enter the Competition with more than one team in any year.
- A cap of 40 Teams is reserved for the Competition
- A person may be a Team Member:
- If he / she is pursuing a law degree
- If he / she intends to compete on behalf of an eligible Institution at which he or she is enrolled as a full-time student as of either (a) the Team Member registration deadline and (b) the Institution’s deadline
- Each Team shall comprise of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members. In a Team comprising of two members, both the members shall be designated as Speakers. In a Team comprising of three members, the third member of the team shall be designated as Researcher.
- Any additional Member or Team Coach of any Team shall not formally be recognised and will not be entitled to a certificate from the Moot Court Committee.
- Each team shall complete the registration within the stipulated time. The registration is a two-step process comprising of filling up of the registration form and payment of the registration fee.
- Registration will be open till 5th September, 2016 (11.59 P.M. IST). The registration form can be downloaded from the official website of the Competition.
- The Teams are required to send a bona-fide letter issued by the appropriate authority of their College or University along with the duly filled registration form.
- The registration fee is INR 3,500/- for Indian teams, Least Developed Countries or Developing Countries / Economies. Teams from Least Developed Countries or Developing Countries / Economies may pay in INR or its equivalent amount in US Dollars or Euro.
- All other Teams shall pay US $100 or its equivalent excluding service charge (if any) in Euro as registration fee.
Payment of Registration Fee:
- Indian Teams must make payment by Demand Draft. The procedure for the same has been provided in the Annexure to the Competition Rules.
- Payment by all other teams must be made by Bank Transfer. The procedure for the same has been provided in the registration form.
- All the formalities concerning the registration process should be completed by 10th September, 2016. The decision of the Moot Court Committee. shall be final in this regard.
- Once the Team is registered after completing the formalities, a Team Code shall be assigned to it by 15th September, 2016.
- A Team that has registered may change its composition only after informing the Moot Court Committee of such change. Any changes with respect to the contact details shall be notified to the Moot Court Committee with immediate effect. This obligation to inform shall continue throughout the course of the Competition.
|Release date of Competition||11th April, 2016|
|Registration opens||11th April, 2016|
|Last date for registration by email||5th September, 2016|
|Last date for registration by hard copy||10th September, 2016|
|Last date for clarifications||10th August, 2016|
|Releasing of clarifications||17th August, 2016|
|Soft copy submissions of memorials||3rd October, 2016|
|One hard copy submission||10th October, 2016|
|Orientation, Registration, Draw of Lots & Memorial Exchange||21st October, 2016|
|Inauguration, Preliminary Rounds & Quarter Final Rounds||22nd October, 2016|
|Semi Final Rounds & Final Rounds [Valediction Program]||23rd October, 2016|
Moot Court Committee,
Seedling School of Law and Governance,
Jaipur National University,
SADTM Campus, Jaipur-Agra by pass,
Near New RTO, Jagatpura,
Jaipur – 302017, Rajasthan
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- International Thematic Conference – 23rd to 25th of June – Prizes over 50K to be won - May 21, 2017
- Law College Dehradun,2nd National Moot Court Competition on Constitutional Law [6-8 OCT, Prizes Worth 1 Lac]: Register by AUG 7 - May 21, 2017
- Know the India’s Highest Paying Jobs in Law - May 20, 2017