Centre for International Humanitarian Law Studies at Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad is going to organize the fifth edition of its annual flagship event – National Students Conference on “International Humanitarian Law” in association with International Committee on Red Cross.
Date: 19th February, 2016
About the Conference:
The nature of armed conflict has changed to a large extent in the present time. It is no more limited to the use of force between two or more states or between state and an identifiable non-state groups present within and across borders. The contours of armed conflict have been expanded to also include transnational asymmetric warfare which pose enormous challenges in the application and enforcement of International Humanitarian Law. However, the changing nature of armed conflicts has important implications for the continuing relevance of international humanitarian law as the legal system governing the conduct of the parties.
The conference would showcase a platform for interaction of minds from eminent personalities, students, organizations and every stakeholder having tincture of interest.
Objective of the Conference:
- To initiate a dialogue amongst various stakeholders, including senior level policy makers, academicians and practitioners
- To discuss the contemporary challenges in the area of International Humanitarian Law and solutions thereof.
- Increased attacks on humanitarian workers and humanitarian aid
- Targeting of cultural property
- New weapons technology and IHL
- Conflation of armed conflict and terrorism
- The applicability and ramifications for International humanitarian law in Syria and Iraq
- Challenges in enforcement and accountability for violation of IHL in South Asian Countries
- The role of Non-State actors in taking forward the humanitarian dialogue
- Syrian Crisis and European Refugee Crisis
Guidelines for the Paper Submission:
- An abstract should be typed in Times New Roman 12 font size with 1.5 spacing (Title in 15 font size)
- Abstract (not exceeding 200 words) should reach latest by 15th January, 2016 in soft copy. The final paper (not exceeding 3000 words) should reach latest by 8th February, 2016 in soft copy.
- The citation should strictly conform to the rules in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19thEdition).
- Submission should include separate Title Page which clearly indicates the name(s) of the author(s), complete mailing address(es), Telephone No. and e-mail address(es)
- The text of the full paper and abstract must include title of the paper, but must not include the name(s) of the author(s) as the papers will be blind reviewed.
- Acceptance of the Abstract would be notified within 5 days of the receipt of the same. The complete paper should reach us latest by 8th February, 2016.
- Only original unpublished work is sought. Any proposal submitted to present identical or substantially similar work already published under review for any other publication will not be considered.
- Three best papers will be rewarded.
- Selected articles shall be published in a book (Conference Proceedings) with ISBN No. and a copy of the book as well as a certificate of publication shall be given to each selected author.
- All submission has to be made on the following email id: email@example.com.
Registration fees for the National Students’ Conference on International Humanitarian Law shall be Rs. 500/- which should be payable by Demand Draft in favor of ‘Institute of Law, Nirma University’ payable at Ahmedabad.
The registration fee is inclusive of participation, reading materials and food.
|Abstract Submission by:||15th January, 2016|
|Paper Submission by:||8th February, 2016|
Ms. Ayushi Kalyan
Ms. Bhavinee Singh
Institute of Law, Nirma University
Post: Chandlodia, Via:Gota
Ahmedabad – 382 481, Gujarat
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- International Thematic Conference – 23rd to 25th of June – Prizes over 50K to be won - May 21, 2017
- Law College Dehradun,2nd National Moot Court Competition on Constitutional Law [6-8 OCT, Prizes Worth 1 Lac]: Register by AUG 7 - May 21, 2017
- Know the India’s Highest Paying Jobs in Law - May 20, 2017