On Thursday, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, promised 50 percent subsidy for women who buy mopeds/scooters if the AIADMK retained power in the 2016 Assembly elections.
The AIADMK leader also said that coupons worth Rs. 500 would be given to all ration card holders, school students would continue to get free laptop and farm loans would be written off in the AIADMK manifesto released for the May 16 assembly elections.
Addressing an election rally at Perundurai in Erode district, she said 100 units of power consumed by households would be free and around 78 lakh households would benefit.
She also announced free set-top box for all subscribers of government-owned cable television service.
She announced continuation of many of the welfare schemes initiated by her government.
Ms. Jayalalithaa said an Amma Venture Capital Fund would come up to assist small and medium enterprises.
Among other promises, Lokayukta would be set up, Amma Mineral Water scheme will be expanded and Metrorail will also be expanded
The highlights of the manifesto are:
- Jayalalithaa promises waiver of all farm loans
- Rs 40,000 cr loans for farmers in 2016-21
- Fisher folk assistance to be hiked to Rs 5000
- No FDI in retail
- Free Laptops with internet for 10th and 12th std students.
- Maternity assistance of Rs. 18,000
- 100 units electricity free every two months.
- Relief for fisher folk to be increased to Rs. 5000
- Separate housing for fisher folk.
- Famers loans to be paid Cooperative banks completely waived off
- Women to get 50% subsidy to buy mopeds of scooties
- Master health check-up and women special check up to be expanded to all districts.
- Assures uninterrupted supply of power
- Poor people to get Amma Banking Card to avail all government services
- 20% land on SME industrial parks will be reserved for SC/ST entrepreneurs.
- New granite policy, Lok Ayuktha on the anvil.
- All ration card holders to get co-optex coupons worth Rs. 500 for Pongal festival.
- 10 lakh houses promised through various housing schemes.
- One soverign gold for women ahead of marriages
- Free cell phones for all ration card holders.
- State govt. employees salary to be revissed as per 7th Pay Commission
- Rs. 1 lakh for temples of local deities.
- avin to provide milk for Rs. 25 per litre
- Govt. to reimburse education loan.
- Amma banking card to improve financial services. – to get interest-free loans and avail of government schemes.
- Free wi-fi at public spaces.
- Breakfast under nutritious meal scheme.
- Women to be trained in driving vehicles and subsidy provided to buy au-tickshaws.
- Old pension scheme for govt. employees to continue.
- Housing loand for govt. employees to be raised to Rs. 40 lakh
- Education loans of students who are still unemployed to be paid by the govt.
source: The Hindu