School of Law KIIT University is pleased to announce the 4th KIIT University National Moot Court Competition, 2016.
Date: 16th – 18th September, 2016
Students of three year and five year law degree courses from any University / Law School / College / Department are eligible to apply for registration of their team. However, a maximum of one team shall be allowed to participate from any one University / Law School / College / Department.
- Each team shall consist only of three members, comprising of two speakers and one researcher.
- Any alteration of the names of the team members shall be informed in writing to that effect, addressed to the Director, School of Law, KIIT University, by the Vice Chancellor / Dean / Director / Head of the Department of the University / School / Department / College of Law, of the team requesting such alteration. However any such alteration shall be permitted only once.
- Once the Competition commences, the team Composition cannot be altered under any circumstances whatsoever. Inability of any team member to participate in accordance with the rules of this Competition shall lead to immediate disqualification of the team from the Competition.
- The teams interested to participate are required to confirm their participation by sending an email attaching the scanned copy of Registration form, duly filled to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 5th August, 2016. Please note that such email has to be sent only through the University / School / College / Department official email address. Emails sent through personal / non-official email addresses and emails sent to any other address will be ignored.
- The teams shall then send the:
- Printed copy of Registration form
- Non-refundable participation fee of Rs. 3000/- in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of KIIT, and payable at Bhubaneswar (clearly stating the name of the institution at the reverse side of the Demand Draft), addressed to:
- Mrs. Pratiti Nayak
- Faculty Convenor
- 4th KIIT University National Moot Court Competition, 2016
- School of Law, KIIT University,
- Patia Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751024
- The registration form along with the Demand Draft should be received latest by 10th August, 2016.
- On receipt of the printed copy of Registration form and the Demand Draft, the team shall be formally registered as a participant for the event, and a team code shall be generated and a confirmatory email, together with the team code, shall be sent to such team on 13th August, 2016. Thereafter, for all further correspondence with the organizers of the Competition and otherwise, all the registered teams shall identify and refer themselves using the allotted team code only.
- The teams shall also send a soft copy of Travel details, duly filled to: email@example.com by 5th September, 2016.
The University shall provide for pick-up from the Airport / Railway Station / Bus Terminus for all teams participating in the Competition, along with accommodation and food in the University premises from the afternoon of 15th September, 2016, till the forenoon of the 19th September, 2016. Participating teams must make their own arrangements for their departure from the University premises.
|Last date for Registration (Soft Copy) along with scanned copy of the Demand Draft:||5th August, 2016|
|Last date of Registration (Hard Copy) along with the original Demand Draft:||10th August, 2016|
|Confirmation of registration / participation, together with allotment of team-codes:||13th August, 2016|
|Last date for Clarification for Moot Problem:||18th August, 2016|
|Release of Clarification:||30th August, 2016|
|Memorial Submission (Soft Copy):||5th September, 2016|
|Memorial Submission for Competition (Hard copy) & Travel Plan (Hard Copy):||8thSeptember,2016|
|Inaugural function / Draw of lots / Exchange of memorials, etc. (09:30 AM to 12:30 M):||16th September, 2016|
|Preliminary (Round-1) (03:00 PM to 06:30 PM):|
|Preliminary (Round-2) (09:00 AM to 12:30 PM):||17th September, 2016|
|Quarter-Finals (03:00 PM to 05:30 PM):|
|Semi-Finals (09:00 AM to 01:00 PM):||18th September, 2016|
|Final Round (02:30 PM to 04:30 PM):|
|Prize Distribution / Valedictory Function (04:30 PM to 06:30 PM):||18th September, 2016|
Ms. Ashna Siddiqui
Mrs. Pratiti Nayak
School of Law, Kiit University,
Campus – 16, Bhubaneswar,
Odisha – 751024
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- SC allows 24-week pregnant woman to abort foetus - January 18, 2017
- Call for Student Editor Interns @Legal Discussion with upto 5K Stipend - January 18, 2017
- Supreme Court: “Stray dogs have a right to live, Can’t be killed” - January 18, 2017