Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) in association with the Indian Institute of Management, Raipur (IIM Raipur) is going to organize the 2nd Global Summit on Corporate Social Responsibility.
Date: 5th – 6th September, 2016
Venue: New Delhi, India
Effective governance at the local, sub-national, national, regional and global levels representing the voices and interests of all is critical for advancing CSR. This global Summit on CSR will:
- Promote the balanced integration of the three dimensions (people, planet and profit) of CSR;
- Give an action-and-result-oriented approach paying due regard to all relevant cross-cutting issues with the aim of contributing to the implementation of CSR;
- Underscore the importance of inter-linkages among key issues and challenges and the need for a systematic approach to them at all relevant levels;
- Enhance coherence, reduce fragmentation and overlap and increase effectiveness, efficiency and transparency, while reinforcing coordination and cooperation;
- Promote full and effective participation of all countries in decision making processes and showcasing their CSR Agenda.
- Engage high-level leaders, provide policy guidance and identify specific actions to promote effective implementation of CSR,
- Encouraging voluntary sharing of experiences and lessons learned
- Promote the policy interface through inclusive, evidence-based and transparent scientific assessments, as well as access to reliable, relevant and timely data in areas related to the three dimensions of CSR, building on existing mechanisms, as appropriate; in this regard, strengthen participation of all countries in international CSR processes and capacity-building especially for developing countries, including in conducting their own monitoring and assessments;
- Enhance the participation and effective engagement of civil society and other relevant stakeholders in the relevant international forums;
- Promote transparency and broad public participation and partnerships to implement CSR
Who should participate?
The Summit aims to draw around 250 delegates and will provide a platform for interaction amongst:
- Top level functionaries from relevant ministries
- Private and Public Sector organization likely to come under the purview of Section 135, Companies Act, 2013.
- Public and Private Funders (National / International)
- Development organizations with Indian presence (National / International)
- NGO / Voluntary organization representatives
- Civil Society Organization representatives
- Representatives from academic and research institutions involved in social and Environmental studies
- Private and Corporate Foundation representatives
- Media – both print and electronic
It is proposed to concentrate on the following 4 major themes (Panel Discussion Topics)
- Evolving new strategies – Bringing about change within organizations and at the grassroots.
- Role of Implementing Agencies
- Strategic CSR in Project / Programme Mode
- Post Companies Act, 2013 – Good CSR Case Studies
All the accepted papers shall be published in the Summit proceedings in a form of an edited abstract book. A copy of the book shall be provided free to all the registered participants. The authors must have registered and completed the formalities of payment of registration fee for inclusion of the paper in Summit proceedings. Selected Papers will be published as Edited Books during the Conference.
|SAARC Countries||USA, Europe and other Countries|
|Faculty Members:||INR 6000 per person||USD $250 per person|
|Research Scholars / Students||INR 3500 per person||USD $150 per person|
|NGOs:||INR 4500 per person||USD $150 per person|
|Corporate||INR 8,000 per person||USD $350 per person|
The Summit Fee includes Summit kit and a copy of the proceedings, Summit Lunch, Dinner, Tea and Refreshments.
|Confirmation about acceptance of Abstract:||15th May, 2016|
|Last date for Submission of full paper:||1st July, 2016|
|Confirmation about acceptance of paper:||1st August, 2016|
Mr. Esrafil Ali
Indian Institute of Management Raipur
GEC Campus, Sejbahar,
Raipur – 492015, India