G.D. Goenka School of Law, G.D. Goenka University is going to organize the 2nd G.D. Goenka Moot Court Competition 2017.
Date: 3rd – 5th March, 2017
Venue: G.D. Goenka School of Law, G.D. Goenka University, Sohna Gurgaon Road, Sohna, Gurgaon
Moot Court Competitions which is a mandatory part of law curriculum in all law schools today, offers a practical and application-based approach to learning of law. It gives the law students, the necessary free space to interpret and analyse legal provisions in context of a given legal regime, while trying to solve a practical problem. The G.D. Goenka University, School of Law is dedicated to promote this aspect of legal training for ensuring a wholesome legal education, and the GD Goenka University Moot Court Competition is an endeavor of the School of Law in this direction.
The Second Edition of G D Goenka Moot Court Competition is based on Competition Law Regime. India is a progressive and developing nation promoting fair, competitive and innovative trade practices and creating a healthy competition in national and international market for consumer welfare and economic growth. This moot theme shall allow the participants to analyze the weak policy structures in the domestic implementation of international concerns. It further seeks to provide a gateway to reflect on solutions for similar disputes globally.
- The Competition shall be open for bona fide students who are pursuing an integrated 5 year LL.B. Programme or 3 year LL.B Programme from an Institute / University in India. Such institution must be recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Only one team can register from a particular Law School / College / Institution / University to participate in the Competition.
- Each participating University / College / Institute shall nominate only one team consisting of three student members, out of whom, two will be speakers and one will be the researcher.
- Any additional member will not be entitled to local hospitality. He / she shall also be not entitled to any kind of prize/ award in the competition.
- The Researcher may be permitted to argue as Speaker in case of illness OR any unforeseen event. Prior permission of the organizers of moot court competition in such case shall be mandatory.
The registration fee is Rs. 3600/- per Team.
- The registration of a team is considered to be complete, once the registration fee is paid and the registration form is e-mailed with all necessary details.
- Registration fees one paid will not be refunded.
- Every team which has registered under the Rules shall be allotted a unique code.
- Once the unique code has been allotted, every team must use the team code for any communication with the Organizers during the course of the Competition.
- The participating teams are supposed to refer the Registration Form for the purpose of registering their team.
- The accommodation shall be provided to the participating teams within the University Campus in the student’s hostel. The accommodation facility shall be restricted to only three members of a particular team, which in any case shall not change.
- The participating teams are supposed to intimate the details of their arrival and departure as mentioned in the Travel & Accommodation Form
Commencement of Registration:
1st December, 2016
Release of Moot Proposition:
15th December, 2016
Last date for receipt of queries on Moot Proposition:
15th January, 2017
Clarifications (if any):
20th January, 2017
Last date for submission of Memorial:
15th February, 2017
Moot Court Competition:
3rd – 5th March, 2017
Mr. Yogesh Dixena
Mr. Shaymtanu Paul
G.D. Goenka University
G.D. Goenka Education City,
Sohna Gurgaon Road,
Latest posts by Legal Desire (see all)
- SC allows 24-week pregnant woman to abort foetus - January 18, 2017
- Call for Student Editor Interns @Legal Discussion with upto 5K Stipend - January 18, 2017
- Supreme Court: “Stray dogs have a right to live, Can’t be killed” - January 18, 2017