The International Law Society, KIIT School of Law is organizing the 1 st KIIT National Conference on International Law from 15th January to 17th January 2016 to encourage discussion and deliberation on essential and contemporary issues pertaining to public and private international law. The Conference is a part of International Law Students Association (ILSA) Chapter Grants Program.
- A team will consist of 2 members and will be assigned one nation after selection from the written round.
- The first round will be the written round. Interested teams have to send a write-up as per the given questions. Top 10 teams will be selected on the basis of the quality of the write-up and will qualify for the Competition.
- The detailed literature will be circulated to the selected teams. They have to send in their Framework Agreement on the basis of the literature provided to them before the deadline.
- The teams have to submit their Framework Agreements by 5th January 2016, 23:59 hours.
- The teams will send a separate Cover Letter with their Framework Agreements incorporating details like name(s), affiliated college, full postal address, email id and contact number. The Framework Agreements should not contain any biographical references of the team members.
- All Framework Agreements should be submitted via email to email@example.com in .doc or .docx format. The subject of the email should be “FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT FOR TREATY NEGOTIATION COMPETITION – [COUNTRY NAME]”. The name of the Paper will be the “FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT – COUNTRY NAME”.
- Structure of the Framework Agreement will be furnished in the Conference Brochure
STRUCTURE OF THE WRITE-UP
- Title: Font – Times New Roman; Size – 18; Line Spacing – 1.5; Alignment – Center; Uppercase; Bold face
- Body: Font – Times New Roman; Size – 12; Line Spacing – 1.5; Alignment – Justified; Margins – 1 inch on all sides;
- Details of the Author(s): Names, affiliated college, email id and contact number to be furnished at the end of the write-up;
TIMELINE OF THE COMPETITION
- Release of the Competition Background – 17th October 2015
- Registration for Conference opens – 10th November 2015
- Deadline for submission of write-up – 15th November 2015
- Intimation of 10 selected teams – 18th November 2015
- Registration for Conference closes – 30th December 2015
- Deadline for submission of Framework Agreement – 5th January 2016
- Circulation of Framework Agreements between Nations – 6th January 2016
- Inauguration of the Conference – 15th January 2016
- Treaty Negotiation Competition – 17th January 2016